Time to get Pimpin"

REV 1.0.2 should be in your inbox, I left some instructions in the email.

When I get my (insert model here) tuner, I'm going to have to make it worth your while to come out, shoot stuff, drink beer, eat meat, and maybe do some tuning.

Hopefully, before we start medications for dementia. :shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

It gave a little trouble on the heat soak restart, nothing huge, but noticeable. I am about to go do the cold start and data log. I will also data log a heat soak restart later. Gonna go drive my car now :rock:
Hot starts take a bit of trial and error to get right.
Altering the mat air density curve is sometimes a necessary evil... different intake, sensor arrangements may even need different curves, especially if the sensor placement was altered.
I wIll say that changing the sensor location away from the lower intake helped with iat soak a ton - like 40-50 degree difference with a completely warmed up engine.

Changing the mat correction curve was something I tried to hold out on messing with, but man I’m glad I did lol.
I installed a hi torque starter :shrug:
:rlaugh:
Probably The best thing you can do to combat hot starts.

Mstng93ssp, glad to hear your making out good with the PimpXs... I will be ordering mine next month myself... and will finally get to fire my car for the first time in over 6 years... got the motor in the car already, but still have to bolt on all the accessories, and all the other stuff. I was planing to use the stock ECM and get a QuarterHourse... but after looking at the stock bin and tuning software... it just seemed soooo much more convoluted then the newer stuff... plus the stock ECM is 30+ years old...

Reactions: 1 user
@a91and anyone else, is it advantageous to use 2 widebands (replacing both stock 02 sensors) or is it not necessary?

Thanks

Chris
For 99% of people, no.
There is the ability to tune each bank on different ve tables, but for just a basic n/a build I don’t see it as being really all That important

Reactions: 1 user
@a91and anyone else, is it advantageous to use 2 widebands (replacing both stock 02 sensors) or is it not necessary?

Thanks

Chris
I was just thinking about this myself and was planning on pm'ing A9L asking this before I order mine.... I did see in the instructions to put it on the side that runs the leanest, which means I would have to swap it around... ect.. if I put 2 in, then less for me to do later...

A9l, with one on each side, it would be more like stock where it would adjust more efficiently for each side right? I figure when I order mine next month, at this point whats another 120.00 to add the 2nd wb to the cart... lol

I was just thinking about this myself and was planning on pm'ing A9L asking this before I order mine.... I did see in the instructions to put it on the side that runs the leanest, which means I would have to swap it around... ect.. if I put 2 in, then less for me to do later...

A9l, with one on each side, it would be more like stock where it would adjust more efficiently for each side right? I figure when I order mine next month, at this point whats another 120.00 to add the 2nd wb to the cart... lol
Ideally each bank will only be a few % off from each other, this is completely normal. I have seen some cases where a bank is way off from another, this usually means some kind of mechanical issue but not always.
You can deal with this in three ways...
1. if its a minor discrepancy [usually in cruise and idle] just let ego correction work it out.

2. Like above but you can trim one bank by linking all those cylinders together in the cylinder trim tables.

3. setup dual tables 1-4 ve1 5-8 ve3... this requires going into the dual fuel settings and setting it up, works very well if the simpler methods are not cutting it.