Tire Size

thobecat

Sep 22, 2011
I am looking for a size of tires to run on my 1969 Mach 1 that will look good together. I have a 15x7 rim for the front and a 15x8 for the rear and I want a meaty tire on the rear but I also don't want them sticking out past wheel wells. What would be the biggest size I can run on the back but still be tucked in under wheel wells? I want something on front that won't rub when turning and will look proportionate with rear. I want a standard size for front if possible. Give me some ideas of what you have on yours. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I am looking for a size of tires to run on my 1969 Mach 1 that will look good together. I have a 15x7 rim for the front and a 15x8 for the rear and I want a meaty tire on the rear but I also don't want them sticking out past wheel wells. What would be the biggest size I can run on the back but still be tucked in under wheel wells? I want something on front that won't rub when turning and will look proportionate with rear. I want a standard size for front if possible. Give me some ideas of what you have on yours. Thanks.
Really no 1 on here has changed to bigger 15 inch rear tires

I ran 235 60 14s on 8" wheels all the way around on my '69 Mach 1 back in the early '90s. They just cleared the quarter panels. Based on that, you probably can run 225 60s or 245 50s, but, I'm guessing. If there's a store near you which sells used tires, or a pic a part, you could spend ~$20 apiece and try different sizes on your rims.