Tranny question...Pivot ball?

SPEEDYLIFSAVR

Founding Member
Sep 18, 2000
FL,89 LX 5.0
I will be doing the 5-speed conversion soon and was just doublechecking the list from Mustangworld and came across a part I am not sure of .

It is the Pivot Ball , I located several online and noticed there are different sizes .

What is it , what does it do and what size do I need?

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

This is what the clutch fork pivots on. Size? I have no clue:shrug:

Maybe you can just match the ball size to a v8 application. Or just buy one that matches the size of the clutch fork you get.

Good luck
jason

yeah i noticed that too........the different sizes and or adjustable ones.

i think you only need an adjustable if your running certain clutches and need to change the travel of the fork....as mentioned earlier, 50resto carries the stock or standard one, which if your using a stock, or king cobra type clutch will work just fine........did on mine anyway.....sometimes bellhousings will come with them already in it if it's used......unless you have the bell but no pivot stud

If you get a salvage yard bellhousing, it will probably already have on in it. Most of the time they are good enough to re-use without trouble.

SPEEDYLIFSAVR said:
I will be doing the 5-speed conversion soon and was just doublechecking the list from Mustangworld and came across a part I am not sure of .

It is the Pivot Ball , I located several online and noticed there are different sizes .

What is it , what does it do and what size do I need?

:shrug:

It's a little mushroom shaped ball on a stud in the bellhousing. You can't miss it because it's the only thing in it. The clutch fork rides on it. D&D Performance has them for $10.