Tri-Bar and Pony

Anyone konow where I can find the tri-bar and pony that will fit the rear fake gas cap spot. I have already changed the the ones on the fenders and only one more GT to dump. If the would have kept the Gt badge from the prototype I'd be cool with it but this GT badge blows

• Sponsors (?)

Ruffy said:
Anyone konow where I can find the tri-bar and pony that will fit the rear fake gas cap spot. I have already changed the the ones on the fenders and only one more GT to dump. If the would have kept the Gt badge from the prototype I'd be cool with it but this GT badge blows

I agree... the 2005 GT badges are pretty ugly -- I think I saw the same style lettering on the 1980 Camaro... lol.

Go to the dealer or fordpartsonline and get the fake gas cap from the base 2005 mustang (has the pony instead of "GT"). Its $24 plus shipping, easy to install and looks great. Much better than trying to make something 'fit' over the fake cap spot.

74_1_b.JPG

1968 Mustang GT fender emblems found here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4554814952

05MUST47.jpg

2005 GT emblem (for close comparison)

I don't know what you mean by ugly. I like the emblem. It also has a nice classic look to it (as can be seen with the above comparison)

Space Monkey said:
74_1_b.JPG

1968 Mustang GT fender emblems found here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4554814952

05MUST47.jpg

2005 GT emblem (for close comparison)

I don't know what you mean by ugly. I like the emblem. It also has a nice classic look to it (as can be seen with the above comparison)
Thanks for the links and pictures.
Naaa Space Monkey, I aint feelin' it. :notnice:
Now the prototype GT is HOT! :nice:

:rlaugh: Isn't it amazing how picky we can get about our cars.
Have a great day.

I can't argue with ya there, the GT from the concept was pretty slick, as well as the rear emblem. I just don't think this one's ugly is all.

If given the choice between the two....that's hard to say. I would probably go with the concept GT and other emblems from the concept.