trick flow 190 fac

cm644rodrigues

Sep 8, 2011
Hi looking at tf 190 fac heas and holley systemax intake or vic jr intake and my question is what cam would be best without a custom cam so i dont have ptv issues. or will i have ptv issues no matter what. I already have a 80 mm mas flow for 24 lb inj a 255 fuel pump i just and a 75 mm tb. Im gonna pick up gaskets and pushrods with heads . Thanks for all the help

• Sponsors (?)

A rule of thumb would be anything with duration numbers around what the TFS1 cam has, or less. Consider that all the Twisted Wedge heads, 205 and smaller, have the same valve sizes and positions. In other words, they will all have the same PtV, given the exact same setup of parts. If you're looking for a shelf cam, the Comp XE stuff is decent. Use one with less duration and more lift than the TFS1 and you'll have a stout combo with good drivability.

BTW, I'm not a fan of the TF cams. I'm just using that as a baseline, because you know it "works" with the Trick Flow H/C/I kits in terms of PtV clearance. Much better options for OTS cams out there than the TF cams.

Take a look at anderson motorsport cams. I know quite a few people who run them and are happy. really nice #'s, great to deal with and a decent ofs cam.

Anderson Ford Motorsport

The thing I didn't like about the AFM cams (and this is just opinion, nothing technical) is that the cam specs are not advertised. I'm the kind of guy that has to know every last detail. In fact, I had a hand in spec'ing out the custom cam that's in my car. The AFM cams seem to perform well, but I'd like to see the actual cam specifications.

Of course, if you're fine with just calling up AFM and having them recommend a cam for you, more power to ya. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

They had them on there before they changed the site a little, they even had which heads they worked better with etc. no biggie I would rather call them which is what I think they want, they are great to talk with and can get you what you need. I would use them.

tahnks all i was told by a few guys that those heads wouldnt work but no that i know i can use a cam that wouldnt over do it im heading online now and buying em up. Thanks again. And lucky me my starter **** the bed today on the way home from school.

There are plenty of cams out there that work well with the heads you have. As stated above you can use our cams as a guideline if for some reason you do not like our profiles for your combination. .540" lift is where you need to really start checking PTV and of course that depends on the duration in the cam. If you can keep the duration low you can get away with more lift. For example our stage II cam is about the max you can go without getting into PTV issues.