Engine Trickflow Intake Street Burner Spacer Needed?

johnny21

Jan 26, 2020
Miami
Hey! So I have an 87 LX 5.0 that I recently picked up and it had a 4" cowl that I really didn't like. I found a stock hood on craigslist to replace it. Once getting ready to install I realized that there was a 1" spacer between the upper and lower intake on the Trickflow and it definitely looked like there was not going to be enough clearance for the factory hood.

So I ordered the TF part I needed to remove/install without the spacer (correct bolt length and gasket) All was going well until I put the intake back on without a spacer and realized that there is not enough clearance between the vacuum part on the underside of the intake and the fuel line/injector connection. I think the fuel line is aftermarket (Stainless Steel BBK). I was thinking (hoping) maybe a 3/8 spacer would work for both the hood clearance and fuel line clearance?

intake.jpg

Any recommendations/thoughts on how to best approach is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey Monkey - Looks like the manifold vacuum line is landing right on top of the injector plug.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 7.24.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 7.24.36 PM.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 283
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 7.25.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 7.25.02 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 247
The intake itself is hitting the top of the injector plug. There is no bending anything that is going to fix that. Get a half inch spacer. Problem solved.

Chris

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Okay - so the 3/8 spacer showed and it is SO close...this is it loosely tightened but not torqued to spec yet. It is so close that I am posting pictures to see if it's a problem. Not 100% sure if the injector wires are can handle the direct heat.

EDIT: Actually when I compare these pictures to the original they look almost identical so makes me wonder if even though it's loosely tightened if it is still partially resting on the injector.

Attachments

• SS1.jpg
    SS1.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 181
  • SS4.jpg
    SS4.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 168
  • SS3.png
    SS3.png
    2 MB · Views: 174
  • SS2.jpg
    SS2.jpg