Tune needed?

mnbf

Aug 14, 2003
Canada,Saskatoon
Well i have all the mod listed in my sig.. ( 4.10's went in yesterday ) and i was wondering if it would be best if i got a tune? only reason i havent got one yet is its a 5 hour drive to the closest dyno.... now from 1-3k it doesnt feel liek the car has power.but as soon as it hits 3k it goes... i dont know if this is normal or not ... just wondering if maybe my A\F is kinda screwy maybe at lower RPM's ... or is this how all our cars are...

P.s. the 4.10's seems a little over rated i think ... i was expecting more....

• Sponsors (?)

wondering the same thing... a/f seems screwed by the l/t headers. Running super rich cause of damn o2 sensors. Not trying to hijack thread but can they turn off your 02 sensors with a tune so I dont get the damn check engine light? Code is from the front 02 sensors because longtubes moved 'em back so they dont heat up enough to work. *sigh* Anyway, not too bad of a trip to T&J would this benefit me?

I dont think mine is running rich... my exhaust smelled a little richer before i installed my headers... smells normal now.... maybe im running lean? no way to tell *sigh*....

anouther thing i installed a new O2 when i installed my headers and it wasnt from ford... so i have a acdelco O2 on one side and a stock ford one on the others... if that helps any... Acdelco has more holes in it... only differance i can see.