tuning/fuel recomendations?

88GT17MA

Nov 1, 2004
Hey guys, im going to be setting up my 88 with a TW head, custom grind cam, 75mm t.b., and holley intake combo. Running about 8-10 psi (s.c. boost). I want to know what would be the most solid fuel/tuning setup for independant tuning.

I have my thoughts on what to go with but im looking for advice from some guys who are pusing about 450 rwhp and tuning it themselves. Heres what I have for starters:

255 in tank
42lb injectors
tweecer/pms?
wideband 02 kit

all opinions are welcome..

• Sponsors (?)

PMS is easier to use but you'll have to have your meter calibrated for the 42s. The TwEECer gives you more control and will allow you to tune whatever meter to whatever injectors but can be a PITA to use. The PMS also has the option of boost referencing (which is cool) where the TwEECer does not require it because it's tuned across the entire power range boosted or not.

I've only scratched the surface of the differences but that's what immediatly came to mind.

Your best option is to talk to Blown1989saleen (i think thats his name) as he had that exact combo and did over 500rwhp. Go with 50lb injectors. He uses a PMS to tune and I think he just switched to an AEM wideband kit.