TURBO project started... BOOSTED by... tomorrow???

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
Well I started putting my single T-70 turbo on my car and I have gotten a lot done since I started around 6:00pm, and I'm now taking a little break. My LT's are off, and all of the new pipes are on, and everything fits, but my turbo is hitting the top of my roof... Have a few inches until the hood can be closed, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet... Maybe find a used hood for cheap and notch it out. Wish I could get some pictures, but you'll just have to wait until tomorrow if mike comes back by, or until my parents get home from their vacation. Cant wait to try this out... Been waiting on this for awhile now, and cant wait any longer. Wish me luck :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

stprorolla49 said:
yo dude just start up up and run it down the block with no hood for the first run.....it will be fun....... :D

I've ridden in a turbo car with a HKS type RFL blow off valve with no hood for a test run once....DAMN LOUD, and this was on a 4 cylinder, add the sound of a V8 and you might never wanna put the hood back on. :banana:

The hood will be off for my first runs... I'm going to call some junk yards tomorrow to see if they have any sn95 mustangs there that still have a hood.

Update:

Just finished welding the crossover up so now its all one piece! Checked my downpile and wastegate pipe, and ones hitting the sway bar which isnt a big deal, just have to remove the sway bar until I can get another U bend and run it around it.

Tomorrow I'm going to bolt my crossover back up, then put on my oil filter relocation kit, run my oil feed and drain lines, drill two holes in my fender to run my pipes, bolt up the turbo, then start it up and take it for a spin.

update:

Done for the night. Got my oil lines all ready to go onto the turbo, oil relocation kit on, crossover bolted up and ready to go, fender all cut out :( ready for the pipe to go from the turbo to TB. I should have pictures tonight whenever mike sends them to me. I'm getting my lazy ass up early tomorrow to work on my car to make sure its done tomorrow!

Right...like your gonna sleep...you'll be racking your brain thinking about that first ride..... :bang:
Drove a 911 Turbo Carrera once....It was truly insane, the hit at 3500 was unreal....Best of luck tomorrow...