Tweecer needs wideband O2 to work right?

thompsonsd

Founding Member
Aug 15, 2002
Southern Maryland
Ok, I'm thinking about the Tweecer RT. Just read that in order to monitor A/F ratios you to get wideband O2 sensors.... Heck, straightening out my A/F mixture is my main reason for wanting one of these anyway...

Unless you can control A/F ratios without this wideband sensor, is this Tweecer really good for anything besides setting the timing, and just knowing your injector duty cycles? It seems like you still won't know or control whether your running rich or lean.... Anyone know the real deal on this??

• Sponsors (?)

I have the RT and have been playing around with it for a few weeks, It's well worth th $$$ just for the driveability, not to mention the extra power.

You can control just about every aspect of the tune, not just A/F ratio.
The factory O2s are narrow band and are not accurate with the 12-13:1 our cars like. This is the reason you'll want a wideband. I dont have one and can tune with it fine, but it would make tuning easier/faster if I did.

I downloaded someones tune that had a similar setup as I did, and simply made small adjustments(mainly for driveabilty/idle). Im loving the 5 different settings. I turn it to the stock tune and cannot believe that I used to drive the car like that!

The wideband option will give you instant and correct readings compared to the stock SLOW response of the stock sensor.. You can change whatever you want timing and fuel but if you want to log the A/F to make adjustments then it will not give you timely reading to make the changes without a wideband...

Easy fix is to tune the car on a dyno with a wideband using the Tweecer as the tuning device and the wideband of the dyno to monitor the A/F....

Hope that makes sense if not let me know..

Perk

I went the custom chip route and was disappointed also, I did not like the idea of having to pay $100 bux for a reburn after I upgraded something.

I may have been more impressed with the chip but they backed way off after they thought my car was detonating, but it turned out to be the injector harness having connectivity issues(it would miss sometimes at higher RPMs due to the extra vibration).

after the fact, the RT turned out to be exactly what I was wanting/needing. My car is a little more heavily modified than the majority of the stangs on this site, cept for a the blower, which will come next :D