Twin Turbo Build Progress -pics-

• Sponsors (?)

The idea of getting air from the side scoops is awesome! :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice:

Thats the best use of those things I've heard yet...the only other thing I've seen done with them is when people will make ducting on their race cars to cool the brakes using the scoops. Trust me, bringing air in through them for twin turbos is WAY cooler!

thanks guys....i will try to weigh the seats, but mounting them is gonna be an issue. Ive been working on the pass side, and i will be cutting the mounting brackets off teh stock sliders and welding them to the sliders the seats came with.
The drivers seat looks really really easy, as i will just have to drill a couple of holes, as the power seat is a diffrent mount. As a plus, i will retain my power seat and it will look cool!

Also, yes they do flip forward, there is a lever right at about neck level on both sides.

Yea, that idea of using the side ducts for the turbo is cool. I'm starting a twin turbo project myself, So I will be paying close attention to yours. Just getting the car out of the shop from a full body make over and paint job..
maybe when I finish mine I will come upand we can go import hunting together..

Whell, i finally finished my seats and my pedals! The seats came out great, and best of all, i was able to retain my power drivers seat mount!
Also, my turbos will arrive monday, so it starts then!
DSC01822.JPG

DSC01821.JPG

here are the seat sliders that came with the jeg's seats, and here is what i had to do to modify them...i had to cut the brackets off the stock sliders, and weld em to a angle iorn, then to the jeg's sliders.
The driver's seat was easy, i just drilled 4 new holes in the power seat slider, and bolted it up!
DSC01819.JPG

DSC01820.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01822.JPG
    DSC01822.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC01821.JPG
    DSC01821.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC01819.JPG
    DSC01819.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC01820.JPG
    DSC01820.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 92
#1 Why do you want the turbos in that location?

#2 Please tell me what you used to paint the interior.

#3 How does it look compared to the stock interior black?

#4 How much hp/tq are you trying to make.

#5 I hope you are a member of www.turbomustangs.com DIY Junkyard forum.

Even though you will not make as much hp/tq as you would mounting them in the engine bay. You have a very unique setup. Just make sure you use the correct size piping to minimize turbo lag.

Everyone interested in turbo should read this.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17458

Also CDC Sidescoops would look and work perfect with your idea :)

Goodluck and Goodjob so far.

reldapimp said:
#1 Why do you want the turbos in that location?

#2 Please tell me what you used to paint the interior.

#3 How does it look compared to the stock interior black?

#4 How much hp/tq are you trying to make.

#5 I hope you are a member of www.turbomustangs.com DIY Junkyard forum.

Even though you will not make as much hp/tq as you would mounting them in the engine bay. You have a very unique setup. Just make sure you use the correct size piping to minimize turbo lag.

Everyone interested in turbo should read this.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17458

Also CDC Sidescoops would look and work perfect with your idea :)

Goodluck and Goodjob so far.

#1. Ease of install...it will be very easy to make, and wont require messing with my headers or engine bay at all and retaining all my accesories including smog (which i need)...If this works, i believe many people will copy the idea just because of how damn easy its gonna be.Also I will be able to bolt up my stock h-pipe when i need to for emmissions. Also, heat, the turbos run cooler due to cooler exhaust, and oil, and it dosent excessivly heat the engine bay.

#2 I used the Krylon Fusion paint

#3 It looks amazingly the same color, just a bit more shiney, although if i hit it with armorall, i bet you couldent tell the difference!

#4 ~450 rwhp...or whatever it turns out to make.

#5 and yes i am a member, and have a parallel thread to this over there.

Whell guys, i got my used t3's today.

Garrett model number: TB0335 (T3 series turbo)
Compressor Trim: 50
Compressor housing A/R: .42
Turbine Trim: 69
Turbine housing A/R: .48
Horsepower Capabilities: ~275hp
Internal Wastegate: Yes
Water cooled: Yes
Wastegate setting: 7 psi

However i have a few problems. i ordered some 4 bolt t-3 flanges off ebay, and they dont fit. Can you guys tell me where i can find flanges for my Inlet, Outlet, and Coldside Inlet? here are the pics.
DSC01824.JPG

DSC01823.JPG

DSC01825.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01824.JPG
    DSC01824.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC01823.JPG
    DSC01823.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC01825.JPG
    DSC01825.JPG