unlimited budget what should I do?

02yellowstang

May 5, 2005
Indiana
Im getting ready to start moding my 02' Automatic V6 and don't realy have a budet ( I know I should trade it in and get a GT or better but I can't right now) so Im wondering what are some of the best things to do to my car.
I already have new rims and tires and I want to do mostly engine work to make it kill a GT. So what should I do to get the most bang for my buck?

• Sponsors (?)

02yellowstang said:
Im getting ready to start moding my 02' Automatic V6 and don't realy have a budet ( I know I should trade it in and get a GT or better but I can't right now) so Im wondering what are some of the best things to do to my car.
I already have new rims and tires and I want to do mostly engine work to make it kill a GT. So what should I do to get the most bang for my buck?
get nitrous...possibly forged internals would be nice also

If you truely have an unlimited budget, ditch the V6 and install a V8 of some type. 5.0, 4.6 ,2V or 4V it doesnt matter. If you have the money and the desire for speed, the V6 just wont do no matter how much money you throw at it.
The trickiest part of an engine swap would be the electronics, the easiest way to do it is with an aftermarket ECU like FAST, ACCEL etc... You could get something like a used Mach 1 motor for like $2500. A used FAST system would be around 1000-1200. You would need a five speed trans (used $500 or less) and a complete 8.8 rearend. Id say $10,000 would turn your V6 driver into a V8 screamer.

02yellowstang said:
If you are on an unlimited budget, I suggest you trade your car for a V8 :D

But, if you still are on a unlimited budget and want to upgrade the six, let someone build you a complete engine. And then pay someone to put it in. Also, get a 5 speed tranny, a 8.8 rear, and a complete Maximum Motorsports suspension package. And then pay someone to put that in too.

www.rpm-mustangs.com
www.supersixmotorsports.com
www.maximummotorsports.com

oohsoobad2 said:
If you truely have an unlimited budget, ditch the V6 and install a V8 of some type. 5.0, 4.6 ,2V or 4V it doesnt matter. If you have the money and the desire for speed, the V6 just wont do no matter how much money you throw at it.
The trickiest part of an engine swap would be the electronics, the easiest way to do it is with an aftermarket ECU like FAST, ACCEL etc... You could get something like a used Mach 1 motor for like $2500. A used FAST system would be around 1000-1200. You would need a five speed trans (used $500 or less) and a complete 8.8 rearend. Id say $10,000 would turn your V6 driver into a V8 screamer.

you will also need a whole new exhaust, clutch, radiator, fan, master cylinder, and a ton of other small stuff just to make the swap, oh..suspension upgrades due to the heavier engine...

Buy a private island and a Harrier.

Flying at Mach 3 is definitely alot more fun than toying with several hundred horses ;)

Seriously, 4.2 with forged junk. Rpm-mustangs definitely has some good people to talk to about pushing a 6 to the limits.

Then you can slap some sort of turbocharged system on there, and try to pump 15-20psi in there. You may not be able to get that much without being a death wish to the block or you may be able to squeeze out more psi, I don't know, I'm not a turbo guy. :D

With an "unlimited budget" you should be able to make a 6 do practically anything, including cleaning dishes and washing clothes.

This is the type of thread where us V6 guys and gals can play with other peoples money to see what they should to thier car.

I say start by rebuilding the motor, stroke it to a 4.2L, Fordge internals. Then add a masive supper charger or it would be really cool to go with a twin turbo setup. Port and Polished heads and intakes, an agressive cam set up for the TT setup, a sweet dyno tune and new chip of course. Upgraded rear end, fuel delivery, and ignition. Some exhaust work. Let's see, anything I forgot? If you really want to do some major work, have another car to drive while you (or a shop) buidls your Stang, and if you really have an unlimited budget, then you should go for it all. But like sated before, if the budget really isnt a question, I would just buy a Mach 1 of newer Cobra myself.

Ok to everyone who just told him to buy a v8, you obviously cant read because he said that he can not do a v8 right now... :damnit: 02yellowstang do a twin turbo kit, with new internals, stroked to a 4.2 and either put an 8.8 rear end on or put a possi and 4.10 gears...

cruisinV6 said:
This is the type of thread where us V6 guys and gals can play with other peoples money to see what they should to thier car.

I say start by rebuilding the motor, stroke it to a 4.2L, Fordge internals. Then add a masive supper charger or it would be really cool to go with a twin turbo setup. Port and Polished heads and intakes, an agressive cam set up for the TT setup, a sweet dyno tune and new chip of course. Upgraded rear end, fuel delivery, and ignition. Some exhaust work. Let's see, anything I forgot? If you really want to do some major work, have another car to drive while you (or a shop) buidls your Stang, and if you really have an unlimited budget, then you should go for it all. But like sated before, if the budget really isnt a question, I would just buy a Mach 1 of newer Cobra myself.

I gotta ask, whats a supper charger? does it make supper really fast? or does it charge it with nutrition? I just gotta know, sorry I'm a newb on this one. :banana:

02yellowstang said:

Start with the usual: CAI, exhaust, gears, flash tuner. For the gears part, change out the stock differential for a T-Lok and get 4.10s unless you're going with a S/C or nitrous.

^ don't do 4:10 gearing!

First off what route do you want to take? N/A or F/I

N/A - 3.8 or 4.2?
F/I - 3.8 or 4.2?

I'd do a F/I 4.2
www.rpm-mustangs.com
www.extremev6racing.com

Here are a few good sites to help you out. BTW, if you plan on doing F/I go with the ATI Procharger kit running 7 psi with the 3 core intercooler, still good to be used as an every day driver and still able to kick import and some v8 ass.

worked v6 said:
^ don't do 4:10 gearing!

First off what route do you want to take? N/A or F/I

N/A - 3.8 or 4.2?
F/I - 3.8 or 4.2?

I'd do a F/I 4.2
www.rpm-mustangs.com
www.extremev6racing.com

Here are a few good sites to help you out. BTW, if you plan on doing F/I go with the ATI Procharger kit running 7 psi with the 3 core intercooler, still good to be used as an every day driver and still able to kick import and some v8 ass.

And why not do 4.10 gearing for N/A?

Give Me TP said:
And why not do 4.10 gearing for N/A?

'Cause 4:10 is too tall of gearing. You loose top-end speed, some people like that tall of gearing... even taller, I just don't perfer it. It makes it hard for every day driving, I don't even have 3:73 gears in my car, I can't really decide on if I want them or not.

Red96stangv6 said:
Ok to everyone who just told him to buy a v8, you obviously cant read because he said that he can not do a v8 right now... :damnit: 02yellowstang do a twin turbo kit, with new internals, stroked to a 4.2 and either put an 8.8 rear end on or put a possi and 4.10 gears...

Just a little FYI, posi is a GM name for a limited slip differential. The ford name is trac-lok

worked v6 said:
'Cause 4:10 is too tall of gearing. You loose top-end speed, some people like that tall of gearing... even taller, I just don't perfer it. It makes it hard for every day driving, I don't even have 3:73 gears in my car, I can't really decide on if I want them or not.

I have them and so does my wife in her 04 V6 auto and we both find them perfect for daily driving, and even long trips haven't been bad. Mileage difference between them and the stock gears has been negligible on both cars