UPR or PYPES brand catted X-pipe????

robg860

Mar 2, 2004
Anyone tried a UPR or Pypes brand X pipe?????? Havent seen too many posts on either one of these. Both appear about the same in looks and are alluminized. I have a bassani cat back, and want a catted midpipe. Pypes cost about $225 with cats vs. Bassani about $400 or so delivered????

• Sponsors (?)

I just got my new UPR X pipe two days ago. I heard nothing but good things about them. Right now they have 20% off till the 31st using discount code UPRMC05. It comes out to be around $130. :nice:

squares98 said:
bakos24, why would you switch from Bassani to UPR?

well, my bassani has been cut and welded so many times its not even funny. its basically about 3 different pieces welded together into one x-pipe. I had cutouts on before, took them off and had to get two pipes welded back in place of them and all that good stuff. I figued just start new again and at least have it all one piece. I was planning on changing it in the summer but couldn't beat the 20% off so I got it now.

Rob, Obviously we want you to choose a Pypes crossover but from a totally objective standpoint, the X's are literally identical. The difference is that Pypes reinforces the X weld area with stainless plates on both sides to prevent cracks from weld fatigue. Also, the Pypes cats are smaller and lighter for whatever that is worth. Either way you go, you will get the same performance and sound.

Stang354 said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but If I have a Magnaflow SS catback, will the aluminized UPR or Pypes not go well with the stainless. Will the aluminized rot prematurely when mixed with the stainless? I heard that its not good to mix metals. Thanks
generall speaking, two dissimilar metals will lead to corrosion of different types, especially when left in the elements. however, i wouldnt let that keep you from buying an aluminized x-pipe. theres always a chance it will have some sort of corrosion over time, but nothing serious enough that will hurt performance or affect the exhaust note. i know a lot of guys with aluminum/SS exhaust combos and they have no problems at all.