Welder Question

it’s “weak“.

Week welds, are welds that took freakin forever to produce.
* Let’s use it in a sentence shall we?

The bead was so long, It took 7 days to weld the seam together...In essence, it became a week of welding...or.....a week weld.

Dang, I get a response for a one letter typo, and some people can cruise around here in ALL CAPS and no punctuation. That's harsh.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

When I do my SFC's, I was actually debating using Flux rather than gas. I figure nobody is going to see it, and i might as well save my gas and use up the Flux I have.

Please don't. Flux core not only produces ugly welds, you also get slag entrapment which will make those welds weak and break easy. I have a mig machine also, but when i do my SFC I'm gonna borrow my friends TIG for maximum penetration.

Now I know every red underline has to be fixed before sending.

Please don't. Flux core not only produces ugly welds, you also get slag entrapment which will make those welds weak and break easy. I have a mig machine also, but when i do my SFC I'm gonna borrow my friends TIG for maximum penetration.

Now I know every red underline has to be fixed before sending.

You don't need a whole lot of weld strength for subframe connectors. Flux core welds aren't that weak. I've flux core welded things with a lot more stress on them. It'll be fine.

Kurt