what cam....afr heads w/ trick flow street intake

• Sponsors (?)

Well if your considering an alphabet cam ($160-200) then why don't you spend the extra $125 on a custom cam and get everything you want out of it...

Look at my sig....I have a very similar combo and drive my car back and forth to work/school...and I went custom and trust me I don't make that much money...just saved up...just put a little bit more out of your paycheck/payee and get a custom...I know it may seem bias but it is superior overall...if you want maximum performance/driveablity...

Good Luck with your choice...

I agree on the custom cam idea. Why do the camshaft twice? When you think about it, since the cam is such an important component to your high performance engine, $125 doesn't seem too much when you think about how much better the power and drivability will be over an OTS cam.

If you are still going to stick with an FMS cam, however, I don't think you'll have any problems with any of them. I know many people have ran the FMS cams with 165 heads, but they usually end up getting a better OTS cam, or a custom cam down the road anyway. I don't see the point in doing it twice.

sandman0023 said:
The Trick Flow Street EFI does fit under the stock hood, right?

Yes it does with no intake spacer but you probably could still get a 3/8 spacer in there...I don't know because I don't own one...but I do know the "stock" street heat will clear underneath the stock hood...