Fox What coilovers are you running on your street/drag mustang?

Andresquintana.mma

Nov 28, 2014
In the process of looking for coilovers and was wondering what everyone was running on a street car that will see a race once in a while? I was looking at the MM coilovers with koni yellow but damn 1800! I mean if they ride well and can get you to hook at the strip you got to pay for what you get huh. At first I was looking at the SVE coilover kit on LMR but they say its not recommended for drag racing so that was out, also checking out the strange setup and wondering how the drive would be since its geard toward the strip from what I understood? I just want it to handle well and be able to launch when needed! I have a MM k member and MM Tubular a arms coming in at the end of the week if that would help with a setup at all! Looking forward to seeing your guys stances! drop pics with your comments if you guys dont mind.

• Sponsors (?)

Haven't been to the track with my car , probably won't just a street cruiser but figured I'd post for reference.
Strange front coil overs w/12" 250 lb springs, Koni orange all 4 corners, BMR tubular front control arms,
Eibach pro-kit rear springs.
Rides and handles great on the street, much better than stock.
0530201433_HDR.jpg

Purchased components at different times but I would guess somewhere in the 5-$600 dollar range.
Don't forget you'll need c/c plates that can work with coil overs, I went with UPR.

Reactions: 1 user
I liked them just fine,with factory style front springs.
With the coil over conversion,not so much.
After a few months I went to the threaded aluminum body Viking strut (no adapters)
with a roller bearing on the spring mount. When it comes to coil-overs you get what you pay for.

I liked them just fine,with factory style front springs.
With the coil over conversion,not so much.
After a few months I went to the threaded aluminum body Viking strut (no adapters)
with a roller bearing on the spring mount. When it comes to coil-overs you get what you pay for.
yeah true, its because im going to tubular a arms and I cant use the factory style springs in the front. Im not so sure about the strange coil overs now lol the D/As are so exoensive over 2k for sure!

Strange 10 ways all around Upr 12/200 coil over up front , upr c/c plates . Team z drag spring in the rear . I drive my car a lot . Like 120 miles yesterday and today .
90B7A09D-6C71-4C27-AA6C-E74D98CBA3B0.jpeg
F911E1C4-4C8B-4A50-8258-91D1A5E92DD9.png

Reactions: 1 users
I don't drag my car, but I mostly street cruise with it. I have most of the MM catalog under the car and love the way it rides. Honestly, every time I get out on the rough roads here in MA with it, I swear i'll never ride in a standard coil spring setup again given how smoothly it takes bumps.

I have the ride height set to about middle of the range, just because I am street driving and need to deal with driveways and speed bumps and such. I've had it down low and it still rides great. MM stuff is great. Only negative about them is, of course, the cost.

I'm running 250# front springs, and Bilstiens all around.

IMG_5511.JPG

Reactions: 1 user