What else would I need?

Hey guys, the car is getting a new layer of paint and new racing stripes, so I want to get rid of my old dog dish rims.
I'm thinking either torq thrusts, Gt10s, or 99-04 Mach 1s.
Either one I pick I have one problem, I have drum brakes under them, and I'm not sure they're gonna look too great through the rim.
Is there anything to cover em up? Like a special paint or some kind of cover?

• Sponsors (?)

The best solution to your problem by far is to put disk brakes on. With the addition of the Mustang Steve cobra kit and others like it, the price is constantly decreasing to make for relatively inexpensive disk brakes. If you are looking to go real cheap, there are covers out there made to look like disk brakes but those are along the line of supermarket hubcaps. The only other way to make them less noticable is to simply paint them in a matte black and hope people arent looking between your spokes.

On a side note, the wheels you mentioned are either becoming to common on our classics or have already been at that point for years. If you want your car to stand out you should think a little more outside the box. I am not saying to put on 20 inch foose wheels or anything crazy like that but there are many undiscovered options out there for much better looking wheels that are not nearly as common.

Thanks for your input, the paint/ covers are just temporary, until I can relive some financial stress and after I get used to paying for college. I'm planning on putting disc brakes on in the near future, but for now i think i'll just paint em black.

I was also thinking of the foose nitrous 2's or 1s, but again they're more expensive. I'll keep looking into rims. Any suggestions would be great :nice:

This is the paint job, minus the fact that this is a fastback and I have a coupe and minus the Gt 350 wording

GT350SR17.jpg

GT350SR18.jpg

Attachments

• GT350SR17.jpg
    GT350SR17.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 41
  • GT350SR18.jpg
    GT350SR18.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 32
Just stick with the drums for now. When you get the funds to upgrade to disks, at least you have the wheels that will fit a good size disk behind them. Also consider it a safety thing down the road. At least it will be easier to justify than just looks alone.
Kevin