What happened to the SN95 Cobra 5.0 Upper Intake??

beaststang

Nov 16, 2009
Hi all,

I'm new to this awsome stangnet forum. I have a 6cyl 94 Mustang that I'm doing a complete makeover on. I'm putting a 5.0 in it and I was woundering what's involved for wiring, fuel lines, etc. Please let me know what the best combo h/c/i is for a naturally aspired factory short block 1990 5.0 with factory forged pistons. I was thinking 5.0 edelbrock 1.90-1.60 pedistal heads, steeda #18 cam, and factory SN95 Cobra Upper and Lower. I can't find a SN95 Cobra Upper I posted a pic of what I'm looking for, Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm and old school Fox Body car Builder..............

Attachments

• 94-95 Cobra Upper Intake.jpg
    94-95 Cobra Upper Intake.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 351
  • Sponsors (?)

I want it to be a good street car but still break into the 12's in the quarter at Palm Beach International Speedway (Moroso), also what gears do you recommend 3.27,3.55,3.73,or 4.10?? Everyone can post pics or comments of what has worked best for them...........:pics:

unless you have all the above parts get a trickflow kit. it will outperform everything you have listed there and it comes with everything you need.

Mybe I'm nuts but I heard someone say that the trickflow kit can cause valve to piston clearence issues. I love the trickflow stage 2 cam I have in my 1962 Comet but that engine has custom pistons. I'll have to look into it.

rule of thumb you should always check PTV clearance, but you should be fine with stock 95 pistons. by the time you piece together all the parts you have at the top of the page you will be close to the trickflow kit. at the very worst you fly-cut your pistons. no biggie. the motor is already apart.

Heh, check out the link in my sig below, I converted a 94 V6 to Cobra specs. You will need to replace the passenger-side harness which includes the computer. However, that harness is split in two (under the air filter box), and the other half can be re-used from the V6. That second half leads across the radiator support and hooks up to the fuse box.