Im looking to get a GT hatchback fox body and trying to figure out its worth

12500 miles
black
grey int
car does NOT have a sun roof or T top
5 speed
mostly orignial less headers

HELP

Dont want to OVER pay and get killed if i re sale it .....

don

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

What do you mean by "no roof or t-top?
Are you sure it has only 12,500? If the "1" is not dead center then the odometer has rolled and it may be 112,500 miles.
Have any pictures? This must be an original owner sale so they should have receipts.
How much is the seller asking?

Reactions: 1 user
What do you mean by "no roof or t-top?
Are you sure it has only 12,500? If the "1" is not dead center then the odometer has rolled and it may be 112,500 miles.
Have any pictures? This must be an original owner sale so they should have receipts.
How much is the seller asking?

No sunroof and no T tops .... just heard T tops were rare.

I believe its 12500 ..... interior is mint ..... ext is mint ... he has documentation .... I use to own the exact car many years ago and it caught my eye.

I did a evaluation using a tool on line and it said $17000 .... they are asking $25000

Any help would be appreciated

don

Attachments

• 43579686209.454403821.IM1.MAIN.1000x750_A.1000x588.jpg
    43579686209.454403821.IM1.MAIN.1000x750_A.1000x588.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 43579686215.454403821.IM1.07.544x544_A.1000x750.jpg
    43579686215.454403821.IM1.07.544x544_A.1000x750.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
That's a clean car. I just can't see 25k. A clean 2004 cobra terminator can be had for 20k. If it a true sub 13k car I could see around 15k....25k seems a little high.

Reactions: 2 users
That's a clean car. I just can't see 25k. A clean 2004 cobra terminator can be had for 20k. If it a true sub 13k car I could see around 15k....25k seems a little high.

Thats what I am thinking ...... any 88 under 30000 miles should be very clean and thats all I am looking for

that a reasonable price

don

Unmolested low mileage cars are getting more and more rare... If I were in the market, I would pay 25 if it were indeed mint.
I can tell you this, mine is original/paint/glass/interior and about as mint as you will find around here... however it has been driven some... just under 60k miles... it would take more than 25 for me to separate with it because for me to find one in as good a condition, it'll take 25+ to replace it... which is why it's insured agreed value is 30.

No sunroof and no T tops .... just heard T tops were rare.

I believe its 12500 ..... interior is mint ..... ext is mint ... he has documentation .... I use to own the exact car many years ago and it caught my eye.

I did a evaluation using a tool on line and it said $17000 .... they are asking $25000

Any help would be appreciated

don
WOW!! That's a clean car!! Honestly those are hard to find and these cars are getting more and more in demand so the prices are creeping up. I'd honestly say that this car is only worth as much as you're willing to pay for it. It will be very very difficult to find another CLEAN low mileage car in this condition and if you did they will likely be asking around the same price. I've seen other low mileage cars with original paint that was faded because it wasn't garage kept all it's life.

It's a clean car, and quite uncommon. I'd put my limit at $15K because that car would probably sit in my garage and be a garage queen.

Any more than that, and I'd look at 03-04 Cobra's or a coyote-swapped Foxbody and actually drive the car and enjoy it.

Reactions: 1 users
It's a clean car, and quite uncommon. I'd put my limit at $15K because that car would probably sit in my garage and be a garage queen.

Any more than that, and I'd look at 03-04 Cobra's or a coyote-swapped Foxbody and actually drive the car and enjoy it.

It is a very clean car and I believe after some research, that if the car was ALL original it might be worth that but its not. Headers .... gear swap .. some other mods

Im thinking high teens 20k max ?

don

Are you just looking for an investment? Buy stocks lol.

If you want to drive it sometimes...look for something else imo..like a completed project. You'll get it for cents on the dollar.

I wouldn't pay more than 15

It is a very clean car and I believe after some research, that if the car was ALL original it might be worth that but its not. Headers .... gear swap .. some other mods

Im thinking high teens 20k max ?

don

Unless he has solid documentation that the mileage is correct, 10-15k max. If not it could just be a high mileage, very cleanly kept. 20K you are spending a lot of coin for not a whole lot, but its your coin so your choice.

Not a investment .... I have stocks lmao ..... but i do want a car i can drive 2- 3 times a week .... to me cars are meant to be driven
I traded my 07GT500 in on a GT350, one of the nicest mustangs I ever have owned but time to go retro

don

Unless he has solid documentation that the mileage is correct, 10-15k max. If not it could just be a high mileage, very cleanly kept. 20K you are spending a lot of coin for not a whole lot, but its your coin so your choice.

More I hear ..... the more i research it ..... I concur ..... everything i am hearing 15 k max ... i may set my sights on a 30000- 50000 mile car

don

At $20K, you should be looking at 1993 Cobras instead. You can probably get yourself a sub 50K mile in that price range. It will certainly hold value even if you put some miles on it.

Buying a $20-25K "regular" fox and driving it means deprecating it as you enjoy it.

At the end of the day it's your money and you are the one that needs to be happy.

I hear what you all say! ! Made a discovery. I work for a Ford store and our parts manager who has a modded fox body noticed in the pictures the windows are crank ....... crank windows for $25000 k no thank you !!

I missed it

don

I agree with the sentiment of the other guys. Also, going from an 07' GT500 to a "stock" 88' 5.0 is going to leave you wanting. You'll likely get bored with lack of power rather quickly and then dig in to that low mile car which will depreciate the car by a lot.

Somebody might pay the guy $25K, but it is not worth it. If it had 1,200 miles and was bone stock it might be worth original sticker. But $25K??? That guy is on crack.

Reactions: 1 users
me too... I'm all of 5'-7" and can reach over and roll the passengers side window up/down on the move.
Where are you guys reading it has gears/headers and other mods?

Last edited: