What Is A 1988 Gt 5.0 Hatchback With 12500 Miles Worth

No sunroof and no T tops .... just heard T tops were rare.

I believe its 12500 ..... interior is mint ..... ext is mint ... he has documentation .... I use to own the exact car many years ago and it caught my eye.

I did a evaluation using a tool on line and it said $17000 .... they are asking $25000

Any help would be appreciated

don
I paid $11,900 and i didn't, hesitate a second. 38,000 miles unmolested except for the Cobra rims.I would say $15-up to 19,000 for that one. I have my valued at $25k with Grundys.

Attachments

• 16509293_2.jpg
    16509293_2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 16509293_5.jpg
    16509293_5.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 16509293_11.jpg
    16509293_11.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Power windows were standard in the convertible, starting in the 1989 model year. They were not standard otherwise. The "custom equipment group" was an option, it was not standard.

I have seen "special ordered" or "deleted" in this thread but the truth is...

1) Your 'retail' order was not a "special order" unless you ordered something that was not a regular production option (RPO). If you ordered something that was not an RPO your order got a four-digit special order number. It was considered a "dealer special order" or "domestic special order" (DSO). That special order number would be on the door tag, DSO buck tag, and build sheet (w/ remarks/instructions below). No special order number = not a special order. Not ordering A/C, which was an option, was not a "special order". Ordering power locks but not power windows, which both were options, was not a "special order".

2) NOT ordering something was not "deleting" it. Air conditioner was an option, it was not standard (exc. 1984½ SVO), so not ordering it did not make it "A/C delete". Same goes for defrost, power locks, power windows, etc. If those items were optional, there was nothing to "delete". The only time something was "deleted" was if it was standard AND there was an option to delete it, e.g. 'radio credit option' (deleted standard radio) or 'stripe delete', or 'Competition Preparation package' (SVO -- deleted A/C, PL, PW, and downgraded [1984] or deleted [1985-85] radio), etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Correct. Power windows was an option in '88

IMG_3539.jpg

Looks like that car specifically was a 249A GT with the special value group package

IMG_3540.jpg

I always get a kick out of how kids traveled in the 80s
IMG_3542.jpg
Bahahaha...never even heard of child restraints until the 90's.

Like when I was a kid running around free range in the back seat :rlaugh:

How did we survive? (Guess some didn't and that's why we got smarter?)

My car is a 88GT with all options except rear defrost, saddle and black interior, (which I'm not sure if I like still.) I even have chrome handle bezels.

Ordered the car in 89 with all the options, I don't know if the sales person was on crack or they built it on a Friday, shows up with no rear defroster, people actually argue with me that the glass must have been replaced...
20170715_204136-1-1.jpg

Ordered the car in 89 with all the options, I don't know if the sales person was on crack or they built it on a Friday, shows up with no rear defroster, people actually argue with me that the glass must have been replaced...
20170715_204136-1-1.jpg

My 89 5.0 LX was exactly the same way. I bought it brand new off the dealer's lot with 5 miles on it. Every single option except rear defroster. Mine was made in May of 89 and was also missing the 25 year dash emblem.