What kind of tires should i get

Im looking to but (2) 275/45/17 tires but im not sure which to get. Tirerack.com has great prices but i dunno which to pick. I did want drag radials but I need a tire that lasts more then 15000 miles. What do you all have? ARe Michelin Ventus any good?

kevin
p.s., just took off my spoiler and im lovin the look, what did everyone do to fill the holes thats not permanent?

• Sponsors (?)

Are you sure you want 275/45s? Those will be slightly taller than the stock size of 25.6 inches. You may want to look at the 275/40s. I have that size in the Dunlop SP8000 and I love them. They cost about $160 from TireRack I think.

I had Kumho exsta supra's in 275/40R17 and they were alright, especially for the price but now i have the BFG G-force T/A KDW and love them, they seem to be lasting pretty long too

I have Michelin Pilots on my Mustang and can't say enough about them. Those tires bite like you would not believe and they are regular street tires. I can guarantee that you will not find a better tire on the market. I'm not talking about the bang for your buck here - the tires are on the more expensive side, however, with tires, you get what you pay for. I've had the tires on the car for about the last 9,000 miles and they are about half worn. You could easily stretch 20,000 miles out of them. I don't do gigantic burnouts on these tires and I have never drag raced in them either, so if you did, the life of the tire would decrease. My uncle had Kumho's on his stock 98 Mustang with the optional 17" wheel, they lasted him 12,000 miles and that was with 3 drag strip passes on them. He said they were the worse tires he's ever had. He switched to BFG KDWS and said they are like night and day. I know there are a lot of Kumho fans on this board, and I for one cannot stand any Kumho products. I have friends and family members who have Kumhos and NOBODY has liked them. If you have the extra money, do yourself a favor buy a nice set of tires. BFG or Michelin are the only tires I would ever put on my car (besides ET Drags :D).

Joe

tire mileage can vary depending how you drive.....i LOVE my Kuhmo Ecsta 712's....i dont have any experience with a drag radial or anything but my Kuhmos work great....ive found them to be GREAT in the rain....and they have lasted plenty long....had them on there for probably 15k and i can still barley see "wear hole" #1 on the front tires and can see #2 on the rears like the day they were bought (granted i drive like a grandmother :spot: )

Anthony

i have BFGoodrich KWDS and i love them. i live in chicago and need the traction but even on our cold days (every day thats not summer) i hook very well. i wish i could get some nittos for the summer but i cant afford that.....yet :)