what should be my next Mod????????????

east_sidaz40

May 14, 2005
i got the tri ax shifter so far....and mac CAI, FRPP 3.73 are waiting to be installed, and the Steeda U/D pulleys are on the way.So i got about $600 left over. What do you guys think i should do NEXT :shrug: Not an exhaust system..pipes..etc.(That will be later in my next stage). so anyways I want something that will give me some Power with $600 what can i do now.

Alex
2004 GT 5 speed
--------------------------

• Sponsors (?)

i would go with exhaust, mine is probably my favorite mod, but if you dont want to do that yet you have about enough for a nitrous set up. I have considered nitrous, but decided to save for a supercharger. However Ive drove several cars with nitrous and it is definatly worth the money if that is the route you want to take. Just be sure to get all the saftey goodies like w.o.t. and window swithces.

Since you have a five speed, you might want to remember that are going to need to get your speedo corrected when the gears go in and you'll need either a EEC flash, chip, or a speedo calibrater to do that. The cheapest of the three is the calibrater. That can be purchased from a number of places for around 80-90 bucks. However, if you get a hand held programmer like the Diabalo that Kilgore suggested above, you'll be able to correct your speedo with that along with adjusting your ignition timing and numerous other things. To be honest, Kilgore probably gave you the best advice.

My advice for your next mod should be the predator programmer or somethin of the sort unless you're wanting bolt-ons, and in that case i'd go w/the accufab intake plenum and throttle body.. and if you have enough money, the steeda timing adjuster.. i think that'd be the best way to spend $600 w/out going exhaust.. but that's just my opinion, if it'll help any..

Dark Knight GT said:
Since you have a five speed, you might want to remember that are going to need to get your speedo corrected when the gears go in and you'll need either a EEC flash, chip, or a speedo calibrater to do that. The cheapest of the three is the calibrater. That can be purchased from a number of places for around 80-90 bucks. However, if you get a hand held programmer like the Diabalo that Kilgore suggested above, you'll be able to correct your speedo with that along with adjusting your ignition timing and numerous other things. To be honest, Kilgore probably gave you the best advice.

yah i know. but isnt it a bit too soon to get the predetor. I mean dont i need a bit more mods :shrug:

east_sidaz40 said:
yah i know. but isnt it a bit too soon to get the predetor. I mean dont i need a bit more mods :shrug:
Thats the good thing about a hand held tuner. You can always retune as you add more mods whenever you'de like. Superchips Tuning also has a hand held programmer I belive that is out so you might want to look into that as well and compare it to the one from Diabalo to see which has more options. They have all sorts of nice features like adjusting your speedometer for gear changes and tire size changes to adjusting your thermostat setting if you decide to go to a cooler thermostat, to adjusting your ignition timing. Its well worth the money if you ask me.

Dark Knight GT said:
Thats the good thing about a hand held tuner. You can always retune as you add more mods whenever you'de like. Superchips Tuning also has a hand held programmer I belive that is out so you might want to look into that as well and compare it to the one from Diabalo to see which has more options. They have all sorts of nice features like adjusting your speedometer for gear changes and tire size changes to adjusting your thermostat setting if you decide to go to a cooler thermostat, to adjusting your ignition timing. Its well worth the money if you ask me.

I'm almost a novice when it comes to hand held tuners. So you mean i just tune it for the mods i got now , and when i get more mods i just plug it in , and tune for the new mods i got, that simple??

east_sidaz40 said:
I'm almost a novice when it comes to hand held tuners. So you mean i just tune it for the mods i got now , and when i get more mods i just plug it in , and tune for the new mods i got, that simple??
Yup. Just follow the instructions that comes with the kit and if you have any questions about what to do, you can just ask the guys on here or give the company of the programmer a call and they'll guide you through it. Its not complicated.

Dark Knight GT said:
Yup. Just follow the instructions that comes with the kit and if you have any questions about what to do, you can just ask the guys on here or give the company of the programmer a call and they'll guide you through it. Its not complicated.
Thank you. ONE more thing. when I order the predetor. Do i have to give the guys my VIN # and stuff or just order the 99-04 predetor on the net , and thats it!!?
By the way i got a 2004 gt 5 speed :nice:

east_sidaz40 said:
Thank you. ONE more thing. when I order the predetor. Do i have to give the guys my VIN # and stuff or just order the 99-04 predetor on the net , and thats it!!?
I don't know if you have to give them your vin number or not. Probably so as they register it to the car more so than the owner. Only way to know for sure is to contact them and find out.

east_sidaz40 said:
i think you just order it from the net. No need to give them your vin number.
but the guys on here who have it will tell you :nice:

Just order it for your specific year. No need for a vin number or anything. Once you save your factory tune on the programmer and put in the predator tune or a your own custom settings you can only use that predator on your car. But if you wanted to sell it or something you just put your factory tune back in your car and your predator is ready to be used on another mustang, of the same year for the programmer of course. It's a good buy, due to the adjustment for gears, timing adjuster, to turn off the light when you get the catless exhaust :D
I noticed a bit of a difference with it. It's not gonna throw you back in your seat, but then again what mod of that price would.
besides the turbonator :nice:

RedBullitt said:
what about cams? if you install yourself and find a decent deal, vt stage ones you dont need to do springs and if im not mistakin you can use the stock computer, correct me if im wrong.
Yes, you can use your stock computer with the VT engine cams. I don't think you need a tune with their stage 1 cams. Though a tune would help out more.

Just wanted to chime in on the Predator handheld tuner. Shop around because some places that test and dyno Mustangs offer free custom tunes (within reason) to their customers via e-mail.

your VIN is only required by the tool itself. Once you use it to tune your car, it can't be used to tune another until you re-load the factory tune (downloaded and stored on the Predator during first tune) back onto the current tuned car.

I've got one and noticed a SOTP diff. and still get 26 MPG.