What size fuel line?

QDRHRSE

Dec 31, 2002
Palmdale, CA
My new aeromotive fuel system includes the 700hp pump which has -8 into the pump and -6 out of the pump. This is a stupid question- but I want to know if running -8 line is a waste of money? A couple of reputable racers have told me to run -8 all the way to the regulator and to the fuel rails and use -6 for the return. If the pump is -6 why would I want -8 line? Help me out...is there some type of logic behind that....am I mising something? I'm trying to step up and I have never run anything more than a 255 pump/TRex and stock lines. The billet fuel rails are a pain too. The passenger rail almost hits the distributor. Is it safe to space it out 1/4?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going to go either -12 or -10 to the pump(depending on what pump i use. Was going to use the Mallory 160FI, but may now go with the Bosch that BBRC sells.), -10 feed to the y block then -8 to the back of the rails...then a -10 again from the front of the rails to another y block, then -8 to the regulator and -8 return.

With your setup, i'd go -8 feed and -6 return without knowing it of course. You can never go overboard with your fuel system imo. My rails(www.behindbarsracecars.com....killer aluminum sumped tank also!) are double feed and return which is suppose to not starve the #1 or #5 cylinder. They are also both angled away from the distributor. I'm new to the big fuel system myself. :D In going with the -8 over the -6 feed..you get more volume over pressure. Maybe someone else more knowledgeable will chime in,lol.

Have you talked with Brett at Aeromotive? He is the expert.
I talked with him a couple times before I ordered and was happy I did. I ended up getting -10 feed and -6 from the regulator to each carb bowl, -8 return from regulator to tank.

Maybe Rick91GT will chime in. He knows alot about fuel systems and has built an EFI fuel system.