Engine What vacuum lines to plug when removing smog pump?

AnthonyA1234

Aug 17, 2020
Florida
I have my hood off now so I figure it’s a good time to remove the smog system. I’ll be removing the pump and all the hoses, plugging up the holes in the heads and welding the hole in the exhaust shut. The only thing I’m not sure about is what vacuum lines need to be plugged and how to go about doing that. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Just remove the two associated solenoids on the back of the pass strut and unplug them. Follow the source vac line back to where it comes from and plug it there. Save it all.

Reactions: 1 users
Just remove the two associated solenoids on the back of the pass strut and unplug them. Follow the source vac line back to where it comes from and plug it there. Save it all.
So I took out the solenoids today, check out where I capped it and let me know if it looks correct to you. I couldn’t fully delete the black thing on the fender because it tees onto a line that goes to the vacuum tree on the manifold (see last pic). So I capped it right where the line that went to the two smog solenoids goes. Check out the pics below.

Attachments

• IMG_6207.jpeg
    IMG_6207.jpeg
    568.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6208.jpeg
    IMG_6208.jpeg
    512.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6209.jpeg
    IMG_6209.jpeg
    645.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6205.jpeg
    IMG_6205.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 78
I think this pic showcases it better. To the left of this pic is the outside passenger fender, the lines are coming from that black reservoir mounted on the fender. As you can see the line tees off, the top portion you can barely see but I pointed at it with the yellow highlighter, that’s the part that is egr related so I left that. I cut on the red x because that was the line that went into both the solenoids. If anyone could confirm this is correct I’d appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_6206.jpeg
    IMG_6206.jpeg
    717.3 KB · Views: 60