What would you do?

I sold my 1968 fastback two months ago, the buyer paid in cash and when I went to the bank to deposit $200 bounced back as fake bills. I mailed him the bills and he promised to send a check for the $200. It has been five weeks since he said that and now he has ghosted me. He has the car forsale at almost 20k more then he paid for it on EBAY. He is also telling alot of lies about the car and does not mention it is not matching engine (which i told him in all honesty).....

Do I just forget it, or do something about it? The car was worth the 37k he paid for it not the 55k he is asking.

• Sponsors (?)

Not that this sounds fake, but you should have the law involved...like now! Holy :poo:, contact the state or states and report that he has a forged title or something. Get a hold of the police, get a hold of the DMV, get a hold of Ebay. If this is true, this ******* should end up in jail...

As a police officer there is nothing that can be done about it now. The police should have been given the fake money in the first place. You can still make a police report about it but I'm going to guess it'll just be an informational report for civil purposes now. The bank should have kept the money in the first place. Surprised they did not call the police on you at the bank. The Secret Service handles counterfeiting and they won't even touch it because it doesn't meet their threshold. He can list it on Ebay for whatever he wants. I would just be happy that only $200 came up fake.