Whats your Top speed with 4.10s?

• Sponsors (?)

i think im doing the 410s, how well am i going to hook up lol? I have 10 inchers on the back, tires 295/35/18 (deep dish bullitts, yeah). I know nittos are the best, but what is a decent second choice that wont give the rice burners too much of a head start, not that i wouldnt give them one if they asked.

How do the higher RPMs effect engine life? I've got an 03 GT (5 spd) that I drive around 60 miles / day, mostly at 75 mph. I'm turning around 2000 rpm at that speed, if I remember. With the 4.10's, the pictures above show 2800 rpm. That's about 38400 more revolutions / day. Which is like driving an additional 19.2 mins / day. Or 19.2 miles @ 60 mph. For 300 days a year, thats 5760 miles.

So, if that all makes sense, is running the 4.10's adding wear to my engine about like me driving an additional 5800 miles / yr? Or is it more / less than that?

thanks,
dave.

You can easily 150 with a 5 speed and 410's, Ive topped mine out but my speedometer hasnt been recalibrated yet but my speedo was buried and i was up close to 5500 racing against my buddy's cobra, so id say 145 or so with an auto.

Defleshed said:
ew i didnt know 98's didnt have digital odometers. :notnice: lol jk. yeah get the 4.10s and stop pestering! you'll be glad you did. and if you arent... well, I take no responsibility for your choice :nice:

If that is directed towards me - as i stated when i started the thread - I already HAVE them. just contemplating putting them in.

If that wasnt directed towards me, please disregard.

smokin'Red35th said:
747s dont go that fast. that would take a **** load of power and some downforce

Are you sure? How fast do they go, if i remember correctly when i was flying home from Korea (on a 747 obviously) they had the GPS on the screen showing where we were and how fast we were going (along with other info). If my memory serves my right, we were going around 600 mph, maybe 650mph the whole way (maybe i got my numbers messed up). We also had a 90mph tail wind, if that makes much difference.

-Mike

smokin'Red35th said:
If that is directed towards me - as i stated when i started the thread - I already HAVE them. just contemplating putting them in.

If that wasnt directed towards me, please disregard.

i dont even know who i was directing it towards. Doesnt matter. oh and btw i topped out the stang with 3.27s @ 145MPH, but that was before i raised the top speed limiter and rev limiter. I think the top speed limiter was around 140, but i was going slightly down hill, and bumped it to 145. btw, i thought my hood scoop was going to blow off. :rlaugh:

I've been up to 140 in my car in 5th. I think it will go faster butt my butt pucker factor was at 10 to the 10th power so I backed out. When I had the stock 3.27's I would top out at 135 so the 4.10's actually are able to overcome some of the aerodynamics and push it faster.

smokin'Red35th said:
Has anyone topped out their stang with 4.10s? I plan on cruising the autostrade quite often. :D

Anyway, i just wanted to see what the RPMs would be at higher speeds
Thanks!

The Autostrade is fun bro trust me!!!!! when i was over there 2 years ago i knew a guy with a 97 Cobra, we went "cruising" in that a few times and i was scared to death.....people over there drive nuts man nuts, you can't drive 10 miles without seeing either a wreck or some really screwed up driving. They pass on 2 lane roads by splitting the car infront and the oncoming car down the middle. (both cars move over to allow you to go between them) all of this at about 100mph is pretty scary.

But once you get on the Autostrade it's just like a interstate with no real speed limit, all the traffic signs or just sugestions...also look out for the Caribenary they don't play around!

Defleshed said:
i dont even know who i was directing it towards. Doesnt matter. oh and btw i topped out the stang with 3.27s @ 145MPH, but that was before i raised the top speed limiter and rev limiter. I think the top speed limiter was around 140, but i was going slightly down hill, and bumped it to 145. btw, i thought my hood scoop was going to blow off. :rlaugh:

yea i thought about the hoodscoop thing too. ill have to reinforce it somehow if it does decide to bail on me