Wheel & tire help on fox body

ShaneHester

Mar 21, 2008
Jasper IN.
Hello i have a Forrest Green 92 LX with a 1.5" drop, was looking for rims to set the car off.
I have 2 diff rims in mind either 18" chrome cobra R's (4 lug), or the 17" Chrome Pony R's (chrome pony's that are 17"). They both are the same price. the cobras are 18x9" all the way around. The 17" pony's are 10" wide in the rear and 6.5" wide in the front. I like them both just cant descide?? help....

• Sponsors (?)

Yes

Yes that is why i like the idea of the pony r's so much. But i still like the cobra r look, especially the 18". I just am not sure of the fit on the 18 x 9 cobras on a dropped stang. Was thinking of like a 235/40r18 to go all the way around. The cobras would give more of a new age show look, and i think the large pony's would give more of a muscle look, both companies are around $1200 for the 4 tires and rims combo. I just need to make a choice.

Here are pictures of rims i have had on my car and do not like.
( keep in mind these rims are not an option they just show my car with different options. currently i own no rims and am trying to make a choice that i wish you guys would help me with. ) the cobra 16" rims are the ones i used to own. I sold them on e-bay for $550.
10-28-070042.jpg

DSC005122.jpg

DSC005252.jpg

help please, I htought you guys would have some good opinoins!!!

Here are pictures of rims i have had on my car and do not like.
( keep in mind these rims are not an option they just show my car with different options. currently i own no rims and am trying to make a choice that i wish you guys would help me with. ) the cobra 16" rims are the ones i used to own. I sold them on e-bay for $550.
10-28-070042.jpg

DSC005122.jpg

DSC005252.jpg

Please leave me some feedback. I need help. I cannot descide by myselve i need your help! 18" cobra R's or 17" pony's??????? let me know your guys ideas please!!!!!!!!!!

Pony Rs hands down.

...End of Thread

You think so?? you think they would be better than 18" cobras??

LET MY MAKE IT EASY FOR EVERYONE, THE PONY'S 17" WOULD LOOK GOOD 10" IN THE REAR AND WOULD DRIVE GOOD IN THE FRONT WITH 6.5" IN THE FRONT. THAT IS ANOTHER REASON IT SOUNDS GOOD OVER THE 18" COBRAS. BUT THE 18" COBRAS LOOK SO MUCH MORE BLING BLING I CANT GET OVER HERE IS A BUDIES MUSTANG WITH THE 18" COBRAS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK I REALLY NEED HELP FIGURING OUT WHAT IM GOING TO DO.....>????? PLEASE RESPOND AND HELP ME..... I THINK I AM TAKING THE VOTE OF EVERYONE I HERE FROM THIS SITE TO WHAT I DO!!!!!

l_3ab02d5ff08c8b774eb83ac6a986528e2.jpg

the rims

ok so it looks like the Pony R's hands down.
but what rear tire ? 275/40/17 or the 315/35/17. with the 275 i can get more of a street tire and less work fitting them in,,, the 315 are going to be nitto drag radials that will not last as long. Dont have a problem with traction its a stock engine. Seems like on another forum everyone is talking about how good the 315's look. Dont you think the 275 would look good to?

ok so it looks like the Pony R's hands down.
but what rear tire ? 275/40/17 or the 315/35/17. with the 275 i can get more of a street tire and less work fitting them in,,, the 315 are going to be nitto drag radials that will not last as long. Dont have a problem with traction its a stock engine. Seems like on another forum everyone is talking about how good the 315's look. Dont you think the 275 would look good to?

It depends on what rear wheel size you end up going with. They make the Pony R's in 17x6.5, 17x10 and 17x9. If you choose to go with the 17x10 out back I would jump in head first and go with the 315/35/17 Nitto Drag Radials.
However, since your Mustang is stock I would consider going with the 17x9's in the back with a 275/40/17. You could still run the 17x6.5's up front with maybe a 215/45/17 and that would still look pretty killer. This would also save you the trouble of messing with those fenders. :nice:

Either way you will have to remove your quad shocks, if you haven't already.
Have you removed your quad shocks yet?
I would also highly recommend some Maximum Motorsports Lower Rear Control Arms to keep those tires planted firmly. Stock LRCA's are pretty weak without the help of the quad shocks.

Pony R's

I just ordered the rims and tires today. went with the 6.5" wide in the front and 10" wide in the rear. I should have them next week. I will post a picture on here when i get them on. These guys were real easy to deal with and very nice. here is the web site (you can see other rides with diff rim and tire packages)
http://www.ponyr.com/

I just ordered the rims and tires today. went with the 6.5" wide in the front and 10" wide in the rear. I should have them next week. I will post a picture on here when i get them on. These guys were real easy to deal with and very nice. here is the web site (you can see other rides with diff rim and tire packages)
http://www.ponyr.com/

Good choice :nice: Noticed you from jasper- I'm not too far away from ya- im located in evansville- you plan on headin down to corral day??