• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Wheel & Tire Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter 02FastblackGT
  • Start date Start date Dec 3, 2006

02FastblackGT

New Member
Mar 12, 2006
64
0
0
Tucson, AZ
Dec 3, 2006
#1
  • Dec 3, 2006
  • #1
Hey Everyone, I was just looking for some opinions on what to do for wheels/tires. I'm a very lucky guy, and will be getting my Christmas bonus check soon, and decided that wheels/tires are a necessity. I've basically decided that I must have 10.5" wide wheels out back w/ a 315 tire. I also prefer the look of the Mach 1 style wheels. I've found what appears to be a pretty good deal on ebay. It has a set of 4 wheels: 5 lug (5x4 1/2), 2 17x9's for the front (+26mm offset, 6.11 backspace), & 2 17x10.5's for the rear (+27mm offset, 6.9 backspace). I just want to make sure that these wheels will fit my 02 GT (stock brakes). Also, they have a deal where you can buy the wheels/tires as a combo set. I really want the 275/40's for the front & the 315/35's for the rear. The tires included in this set are Sumitomo HTRZ's, 275/40 ZR 17 (front) & 315/35 ZR 17 (rear). They say that these tires have an "A" rated tread..?? Anyways, I just wanted to see what you all thought about these tires (good/bad??). I would really rather get a different brand of tire, but i think that this will save me a lot of money in the long run. Any input is helpful, thank you very much!!

*my 1 1/4" wheel spacers will be for sale once the new wheels are installed, PM if interested!
 
T

twothousandgt

Member
Mar 23, 2006
34
0
6
Woodinville, WA
Dec 4, 2006
#2
  • Dec 4, 2006
  • #2
how much for the spacers? also, especially with a black gt, I would get the deep dish Bullitt wheels, im not sure if thats what you were looking at or not, but the black DDs are in fact 17x10.5 in the rear, so that would be a nice option. that or some black FR500 DDs. its up to you.
 

02FastblackGT

New Member
Mar 12, 2006
64
0
0
Tucson, AZ
Dec 4, 2006
#3
  • Dec 4, 2006
  • #3
Yeah, I'm probably going to sell the spacers for $40 (including hardware). I was looking to see what price would be fair, since they are used, and that is what I came up with. I'm pretty much set on the DD Mach 1's. It seems like everyone has the DD bullits, especially the black wheels on the black car, so I'm trying to be different. Anyone know if the wheel backspace & offsets listed in my original post will fit without any problems??
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
2003 Mustang GT - Rear Tire Size Question
  • Cassiebaebae
  • Jun 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2 3 4
Replies
63
Views
2K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
squeak93
305-45-17 tires on Pony wheels (17")?
  • TTSaleen
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
756
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 25, 2026
TTSaleen
H
Best tire size for 91 Fox 18x9 wheels. On coilovers
  • hassler
  • Mar 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
510
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 9, 2026
KRUISR
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
395
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?