Wheels stripped and installed with taller tires

I finally got all my wheels stripped and put on. I did this because the wheels were chipped bad so I stripped them to see how it looks. The bad thing is that the rears are aftermarket and the fronts are stock so the aluminum is different colors. Looks like I will be painting them soon. The tires are 255/50 on the back and 235/55 on the front. I think I will be putting on 235/50 on the front and 255/50 on the rear to give it a staggered look. The wheels and tires are off my 05 and I kind like the taller tires for ride and noise. Thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

bullit1pf6.jpg

bullit2hb1.jpg

bullit3gz6.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Id definatly paint them, lol. What color are you going with?

I like a smaller tire, you might be able to pull off the size you want to put on there, but this is just my preference and opinion.

I like the 255/50s on the rear but not so much the 235/55s on the front. I think you need some 255/40s on the front or 245/45s. But anyways that is just my opinion and you need to do what you want. But it still looks pretty good even with the wheels not painted.

If you've got abs, all 4 tires need to have the same diameter or you'll set codes.

Is that true? I am going to put on the 245/45s on just to see( my stock tires) on the front. The difference is only 1 3/8overall. I will paint them but tonight it was sitting in a dark place and it looked great but I know in the morning it wont look that good. The rears are 9s and the fronts are 8s

Is that true? I am going to put on the 245/45s on just to see( my stock tires) on the front. The difference is only 1 3/8overall. I will paint them but tonight it was sitting in a dark place and it looked great but I know in the morning it wont look that good. The rears are 9s and the fronts are 8s

It's true. There is some tolerance, but how much i couldn't say for sure. The abs monitors the wheel speeds, and if they are consistantly different it will see it as a fault and set codes. If the diameters are pretty close though, no worries.

Yes it's true.

There is a little room for flexibility, but a 1 3/8" difference will def cause the ABS to error and turn off.

Just to clarify.
If your talking 1 3/8 front to tires compared to rear tires, that would be true.
If you mean 1 3/8 compared to stock, that doesn't matter. It's the difference in wheel speed that the abs sees, while driving, front compared to rear, that's important.

They are undersized for the rim however. There would actually be a lack of bulge.

An 8" rim should have a 245 on it while a 9" rim should have a 275 mounted.

You definitely do have unique tire tastes

Looking at sumitomo tires and comparing the 235/50 to the 245/45 the section width is the same at 9.7" and the tread width is 8.5 on the 235 and 8.8 on the 245. Thats not much of a difference. I would go back to the 275 on the rear if I can get a little taller but the dont make a 275/45. Im just trying to get the rear wheels to fit the body better and a little taller. I just hate the way the back wheels look like the are tuck in compared to the fronts. Thinking about wheel spacers.