Where to buy upgraded valve springs for AFR heads?

• Sponsors (?)

summit or jegs is most likely gonna have the best price, BUT also ck at dougherbert.com and do yourself a favor and run a titanium retainer for 75 bucks, valve springs love a lightweight retainer. What size, 1.250, 1.450 etc? Single with a damper, double and so forth

I know the stock springs are double with a damper. They're advertised to be good up to .550 lift. My cam has a .544/.544 lift and 226/228 duration. I just want to upgrade because I think I'm cutting it a little close with the stock springs.

I ran into this problem with a member of mine, do not listen to what afr says, those spring will not handle it whatsoever. The head tech/sales guy at afr had me forward an email my member got from a tech guy there that said they low ball the spring rates so people dont get crazy with a cam on the stock afr spring. Which is totally incorrect according to the main tech guy at afr. Change those springs immediately, but you still need to know what spring pressure the cam wants at 1.700-1.750 etc. installed height and what open pressure at whatever installed height. What cam is it?

Yea, I defintely noticed valve float past 5600 rpm. I'm running an Anderson Ford Motorsport B-31 cam with 1.6 roller rockers and 6.300" pushrods. I'm not very schooled on spring pressure and such so i appreciate your help.

No, I bought this cam privately without a cam card.

I e-mailed Ed Curtis at Flowtech induction and he sent me this.

Beehive Valve Spring Kit:
Comp 918 Beehive Pure Alloy Valve Springs
.600” Lift Capable
Chromemoly Retainers
Machined Valve Locks
Hardened Spring Locators
Viton Valve Seals

OPTIONAL:
Titanium Retainers:

PS3 Valve Spring Upgrade Kit:
Super Clean – Pure Alloy Dual Valve Springs
1.460 Diameter Spring