Where to go for a heater core replacement?

Stangler said:
I've done one,... in a one car garage,... that was soo small that you could not open the car doors all the way. Trust me,.. pay the money, save you back and hands,....$500 is way worth it!! :D

Nate

once youve done 2 of them is too damn easy, you now know what parts that need not to be removed.

• Sponsors (?)

1993c0bra said:
Damn dude looks like you removed way more stuff than you had too.

Visceral said:
(I also needed to replace the dash, I'm not a masochist)

I bought an SSP car, and the Texas Department of Pubic Safety had drilled so many holes on the dash of all shapes and sizes that I needed to just outright replace the dash. The heater core had been bypassed, so it obviously needed replacement.

It was a long, big job. :)

Shoot, I was so skeered of doing a heater-core replacement on the Cobra I decided to go with an oversized unit mounted in the back seat...;)

Attachments

• Install2.JPG
    Install2.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 66
Jeff at AFP did mine... did a great job. Had him pull the A/C while he was at it.

He even made a nice little kustum' block off plate for the firewall.

He couldnt color match it though cuz the store was all out of "dingy white".

:D :rlaugh:

Dave-
:flag:

ddonaca351 said:
Jeff at AFP did mine... did a great job. Had him pull the A/C while he was at it.

He even made a nice little kustum' block off plate for the firewall.

He couldnt color match it though cuz the store was all out of "dingy white".

:D :rlaugh:

Dave-
:flag:

Can you give me some details on this blockoff plate? I wanted to do something with mine but could figure out how to make it look nice, so I left it as-is for now. Maybe pics even if you have them as well.

Thanks. :nice:

we cut a bannana shaped piece out of 1/8 or so aluminum sheet and attatch it to the back side of the firewall where the AC lines used to be. Works great and looks good too. Having unused AC lines hanging out of the holes is just not a pretty site:)