Who has got an intake ready to install...

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Arkansas
I am curious to find out a couple measurements from a few of them;)

I would like the port measurements on the lower intake, length and width of the top ports (upper intake mating point) and the bottom ports (the ports against the heads).

Try to measure them on the same runner (top and bottom port) as accurately as possible:nice:

I am looking for any of the following:

- Stock Intake
- Cobra
- GT-40
- Street Heat
- Track Heat
- TFS-R
- Edelbrock Performer
- Edelbrock Performer RPM II
- Edelbrock Victor 5.0
- Holley Systemax
- BBK SSI

• Sponsors (?)

I have a stock upper kicking around somewhere.

Actually. I think i left it under my pool deck about 5 years ago and it's slowly sank into the mud. I'd have to dig it out and the ground is frozen :(

Lol, I have an upper intake I could measure I guess. It is below freezing here, but probably not as cold as up there.

I was thinking it might be more consistent to measure the top of the lower intake, because some intakes (like the upper) do not allow you to get to the beginning of the runner in the upper plenum.

I have no clue where my stock lower is:bang: I believe I gave it away a few years ago...

795.0Pacecar - That would be very nice:nice:

I'm pretty sure a lot of the numbers can be had for free on the internet. Summit Racing may show port sizes, and I know for sure Trick Flow does. Just look at their websites man, thats where you'll get the most accurate numbers. :nice:

Here is the stock on the number 5 port(2nd one from the front on the top, front right on the bottom)

Top-across-1.145"
Long-1.595"

Bottom-across-.885"
long-1.725"

Do you need explorer or will it the be the same as the cobra/gt40. If so I can check this weekend on the explorer for ya.

explorer = 30mm across on the top port on the 3rd runner
bottom runner 15x26 mm

stock bottom intake
top port on 3rd runner = 18x24mm
bottom 3rd runner =26x14

3rd runner on stock upper=25x19

my explorer upper is not where I can measure it right now sorry

Excellent grey5.0beast:nice: Good start...

Getting that explorer info would be cool as well, but don't fret it if you can't.

Just a side note, I realize the #1 and #5 ports are a little longer. If possible, maybe take some measurements of the "straighter" runners:) Aka, the ones past #1 and #5.

It was my mistake for not pointing that out...

Keep it up guys!

I am an engineer school has beaten the standard measuring system outof me, besides it's easier to count mm's than to break inches into fractions. I like using whole numbers if the situation allows me too and metric always allows me to.....HAHAHAHAHAHAH...seriously fractions suck.

crap, now I am being flamed for using the metric system. I see how it is. whileI am at it I should fill this post with pics of primered rusty cars and start spelling reeellly badly, then I'll smear every emoticon I can think of on here.

damn, I couldnt bring myself to do it, so I'll come out and say it ...I LOVE THE METRIC SYSTEM!!!! god I am such a dork.thanks a lot guys, that took a load off my chest, I need some beer now.

Excellent grey5.0beast:nice: Good start...

Getting that explorer info would be cool as well, but don't fret it if you can't.

Just a side note, I realize the #1 and #5 ports are a little longer. If possible, maybe take some measurements of the "straighter" runners:) Aka, the ones past #1 and #5.

It was my mistake for not point that out...

Keep it up guys!

Ok here is the no. 8 cylinder, it is the straightest on the stock intake, these are better numbers, my measuring with the dial indicator was off the first time(I was putting the probes much deeper than I should have, skewing the numbers smaller):
No 8: Top 1.195" W
1.635" L

Bottom .88"
1.72" L