Who here doesn't run front fender splash shields?

Aug 11, 2008
Anyone here not running the inner front fender spash shields? I 'm talking about the plastic fender liners. What is there to worry about, not running these?

I have seen guys on the strip not running them, but what about on the street?

• Sponsors (?)

I have been debating taking mine off. They do make the car look a little rougher since you can clearly see your door hinges with the wheel cut. I don't drive in the rain, but unsure if I want to take them off based on looks alone

friend of mine just destroyed his SRT4 hitting a huge puddle. He had a CAI that mounted the filter in front of the passenger tire...so yeah, i suggest keeping it. Dedicated track cars dont have to worry about rain. I have a fenderwell CAI, and im sure it may get a little more air with it removed, but id rather keep it in. If and when it ever becomes track-only, then it may come out

friend of mine just destroyed his SRT4 hitting a huge puddle. He had a CAI that mounted the filter in front of the passenger tire...so yeah, i suggest keeping it. Dedicated track cars dont have to worry about rain. I have a fenderwell CAI, and im sure it may get a little more air with it removed, but id rather keep it in. If and when it ever becomes track-only, then it may come out

I dont have mine on because, well i cant, after pulling the fenders 5 inches it didnt give me anyhwere to mount them, let me tell you why it sucks
1. I have R compound tires, so rock end up EVERYWHERE, in the air box, in the side skirts, and **** even inside the car
2. If you dont clean the rocks after every time you drive they will pile up something fierce
3.Rocks pile up on the door hinges and you can hear them get crushed every time you open the door
Let me tell you why i dont fabracate some more
1. I'm Lazy
2. LOTS of access to everything in the engine bay, motor mounts, plugs, filters and any other nut or bolt down there
3. Lots of room to fiddle with the brakes
4. One less thing in the way when working on the car

I dont disagree with you on the convenience. Just saying theyre a good idea to keep, if you can. A lot of guys baby their cars, dont let them see rain, clean them after every cruise. Those guys dont absolutely need them. Other guys here DD their cars, drive them down gravel roads, through puddles, and im sure much much worse. Those are the people who need to keep them on.

R compounds, slicks, etc arent very rock friendly :D

You're a fool to run on the street without fender liners. Rocks, dirt, rain (if you get caught in it or have a DD) will get all up in your wires, your CAI. I always run them.

my car doesnt have them. daily driver. were missing when I got the car. cant say I care for the look as it just looks like I was too cheap/lazy to put them on. I just got some from the JY that will be going on probably this weekend. FWIW. I have had ZERO electrical problems or road grime in the engine bay for that matter.

I will say mine came off when I hid the wires, and when I went to reinstall had issues with wiring being in the way. I trimmed one and got it to fit, but never got the other done. I would like to run them, just no time to do it.

I was just asking because I had removed mine for a repaint recently, and haven't put them back in yet. I wanted to take it for a spin without having any problems. I need a new liner for the drivers side, as the original had some damage. They will be going back in.

Also, I don't have a CAI, I'm not trying to save half a pound, and the car is not driven in the rain.

if your just taking a spin around the block i wouldnt sweat it, I had to trim myne to fit my powerpipe, and sometimes the tire still kicks junk into the wheelwell and dirties up the filter.

FYI, if your not running them and you mass air meter is in the fender i would tend to think that its going to hurt the drivability of the car casue its just gonna cause turbulent air at the filter