who sells a 331/347 longblock for less than $5k????

• Sponsors (?)

i wasnt planning on using a stock block. i hear it wont handle 500 hp for too long. id rather be safe than sorry. i figure i bite the bullet once and buy a decent motor setup its just that a stroker longblock is going to run me around 5k at least. then i need bigger injectors and so on. :rolleyes:

You need "bigger injectors and so on" regardless, if you plan to make 500hp. It's simple math and flow dynamics. To make 500hp you have to flow "x" amount of fuel and air. Going stroker makes it a little easier to pack it into the chamber, but you still have to flow it in and out, which means everything from MAF to exhaust tips. Getting 500hp out of a SBF (for any length of time) costs way more then most people realize.

i wasnt planning on using a stock block. i hear it wont handle 500 hp for too long. id rather be safe than sorry. i figure i bite the bullet once and buy a decent motor setup its just that a stroker longblock is going to run me around 5k at least. then i need bigger injectors and so on. :rolleyes:

SO you want a dart/boss long block with forged internals for less than 5k? :shrug:

I will take one too :p

ha i wish. what size injectors will i need? on the car now i have 24lb inj with a maf calibrated for 24lb. it does have a full exhaust already and a 75mm tb and trick flow street heat intake. i may have to upgrade intake as well. im looking into a 331 lb with afr 185 heads. the car has a vortech s-trim putting down around 8 psi with more to come. besides the longblock can anybody give me a list of things to go with it to get it to run. i already know the tranny is gunna grenade when i get on it but oh well lifes a bi**h. other fuel upgrades i have are a 255 walbro in tank pump and a inline trex that came with the s-trim. it has a fmu which i may need to upgrade. i just dont know what size injectors will be enough. it has the adj fuel pressure reg. any help is appreciated because the motor is getting ordered tomorrow.:( help

You are asking a loaded question really. Meaning, I thought I could do 500+hp for less but then you need supporting mods. Sure, anyone can throw it together for less money and taka a chance of it going down the drain. More like 8-$10k for 500HP-600HP.