Wiring these electric fans is confusing..

• Sponsors (?)

Prob one of the wires that you want to check in the connector end, and touch the other end to chassis ground (or battery neg) and see if there's power with key on.

I can probably dig out the color wire if I remember to check my wiring diagrams later tonight. I also tend to prefer to solder my connections. Those blue clip on connectors are notorious for making bad connections or loosening up.

EDIT: red with yellow stripe

One other question. While taking the old relay (or what I thought was a relay) out. I just noticed where the red wire connects to. What is that for and can I get rid of that red wire? The red wire with the yellow connector.
20190213_210102.jpg

One other question. While taking the old relay (or what I thought was a relay) out. I just noticed where the red wire connects to. What is that for and can I get rid of that red wire? The red wire with the yellow connector.
You can get the solder sleeves on eBay direct from China.
See p12 (or pdf p.16)
It's a circuit breaker shown in the upper left.
Don't know what the red wire is for, you'll have to find what it feeds.

View: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1on5czXKmpETzxUggWTGtoUuVkJT2UUxN

Reactions: 1 user
You can get the solder sleeves on eBay direct from China.
See p12 (or pdf p.16)
It's a circuit breaker shown in the upper left.
Don't know what the red wire is for, you'll have to find what it feeds.

View: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1on5czXKmpETzxUggWTGtoUuVkJT2UUxN

That's a pretty handy instruction manual, now I just have to figure out how to read it lol. So the thing with the red wire and yellow connector and the red wire and blue connector hooked up to it is a circuit breaker? Can I remove it all?

Prob one of the wires that you want to check in the connector end, and touch the other end to chassis ground (or battery neg) and see if there's power with key on.

I can probably dig out the color wire if I remember to check my wiring diagrams later tonight. I also tend to prefer to solder my connections. Those blue clip on connectors are notorious for making bad connections or loosening up.

EDIT: red with yellow stripe

Hi again. Working on my 93 notch. I bought the electric SVE fan kit from LMR and I got everything in and now I just have to wire the fans. I cant seem to find the yellow AC wire and the green wire they are referring to in the video

The previous owner had Ebay electric fans in, that I removed. I thought this yellow wire was the AC wire but then I realized it looks like he spliced it to this blue connector which leads to this connection in the picture below. I'm sort of lost. Any help would be appreciated!
20190210_101706.jpg

20190210_101708.jpg

6:09 - the yellow to green wire, I cant find the green

View: https://youtu.be/Uu16zP9at9I

I bought the wiring kit but I'm using Contour fans. When I watched the video I understood that the references to the colored wires were wires on the controller.

Thread hijack real quick.. My fans are on 40a relays ignition on. I want to put them on a toggle switch. How do i wire that in? Ill research it later if no one knows off top. I assume its extremely simple.

Run power to your toggle switch. Line out of toggle switch will go to trigger side of the relay(s). This will allow your automatic controller to do its thing and allow you to override and trigger manually.

I used this type of switch...

Lighted toggle switch.jpg Interior toggles.jpg

Third wire is for a ground to light when power engaged. Nice part of wiring this way is light on toggle will come on when auto controller triggers fans and you will know they have been turned on,

• Useful