Progress Thread Wish Me Luck! 92 Calypso Lx

Alright y'all,
So I bought the car from a Grandpa in Macon Ga. When I got there I found a clean car that:
Had been repainted somewhat recently. Looks really good, really good shine, some imperfections, Door moldings SUCK. But I like it.
Factory H-pipe
Had a FlowMaster cat back.
The owner bought it in 95 with 16k miles on it. It shows 68k miles.
Hadn't been tagged since 2013.
Chrome Pony wheels with Nitto NT450 tires 245/50/16
No radio
Ash try cover broken
Dash cracked
On the test drive the car shifted firmly, fast, and with a purpose (the Art Carr sticker now has me thinking). It handled well no rattles, bangs or thuds. Sounds healthy feels healthy. I wasn't getting the answers out of the owner that I wanted/knew. I was trying to be very respectful. He kept saying the car was all factory and he had it 8years and hes wife drove it. I asked who or when the car was repainted and said it hasn't. So I pointed out the obvious signs that the car was a repaint still didn't get an answer. When I looked at the title I saw that he bought it in 95 (which was not 8years ago) and it had a loan on it back then which showed release. I asked if he had a separate lien release. Na I paid cash for it I only pay cash for my cars. So I pointed out the lien and the release printed on the title. Got nothing out of him about it. So then we did the song and dance over price. After pointing out everything I listed here and his lack of ability to tell me anything about it I hit him in the knees at $2500. At this point I was done being respectful. By the end I got the car for a song got it on the trailer and brought it home. I lost a side molding on the way home and noticed the new looking tires were dry cracked and separated. Off the trailer I really noticed out SOFT the brake padel is. It stops the car but it goes to the floor (Going to need help on that one Gents). Got the garage all cleaned up got the car in there and started on some smalls. I hate the headlights btw and the light bulb attachment hardware was garbage. I spent most of the day super gluing the hardware back together so that the light bulbs stay in the socket. I love it, needs tires if y'all got an extra set laying around! Or I'll trade you Chrome Ponys for Black 10th anniversary wheels!
2017-05-06 11.08.53.jpg
2017-05-06 20.23.59.jpg
2017-05-06 20.24.11.jpg
2017-05-06 20.24.22.jpg
2017-05-06 20.24.40.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Hell, it looks beautiful to me! Keep those ponies and just drop it down a little so it's not on factory stilts anymore. You'll like them more then.

Did you get it for $2.5k?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Still good brother. Let's see if we can pull @Boosted92LX out of his stagnancy, Hey Allen, nice color huh?

I like your new car a lot brother, have fun with it.
Thank ya, thank ya!
Insurance and Oil change tomorrow.
Tag it on Tuesday and figure out tires.
BRAKES!
Cooling system flush and figure out the rear end.
Then I'll lay out the plan and direction for the car.

That is a beautiful car! I am partial to that color, too. My baby looked a lot like that when I brought her home.

Reactions: 1 users
Nice catch man !!! Calypso has always been a favorite color of mine for foxes.

Those Nitto 450 tire were great tires....hence..." were great "

Sellers like that make me not want to buy ish from them. Who knows if that guy was even the guy on the title. It doesn't seem like he knew a lot about it. Those pony wheels would look great with a little less body height, like Dave said.

Can't wait to see what you do to that car. Its a great starting point.

Congrats, sounds like Gramps kid has had the car for a while and started doing mods. Might explain his lack of knowledge? With bad tires burnouts can be a blast, don't get her sideways