World Sr Heads On A Sc 306?

stang668

Founding Member
May 26, 2002
New Orleans, LA.
I have a freshly built 306 in my 1994 cobra with an E303 cam/non-catted exhaust..thats about it. I recently bought a vortech V1 T trim supercharger with a meth injection kit for a really good price(couldnt pass it up). Now my question.. I have a set of world sr heads sitting around with 1.6rr's, and 50lbs injectors with maf meter. If I put this on my 306 (it is girtled)..do you think it would run well? I personally think Id be better off with a 351W platform, but this 306 is almost straight out of the machine shop, and would be loosing $$ if I sold it outright. I currently have GT40's on it now and ran a 13.2 1/4 mile..thoughts?

Attachments

• 1331487866824.jpg
    1331487866824.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 351 004.JPG
    351 004.JPG
    432.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Sponsors (?)

With gt40 heads and boost you will make plenty of power depending on what kind of boost you wanna run. I would either sell the heads or just hold on to them for another project.. Sr's would prob be better on a 351 or bigger. Might be a little big for a 306.. Bigger isn't always better. With your combo without boost you should be at least 250 at the wheels.

Thanks for the reply! I figured they where too big for a 306, but I didnt know how boost would effect it. Ive heard that if you run boost, you can run a bigger head than a n/a motor. Dont know how true that statement really is..

To an extent, that's true. Forced induction makes up for what might otherwise be a "lazy" port by cramming the air through the engine. The velocity that might have been otherwise lost because of the larger port area, would be artificially regained by forcing the air through the heads.

That being said, you can't presurize the port all of the time and it'll still be as doggy as it would, were it N/A when you're running around under vaccuum.

Personally, I'd stick with the GT40's if this is going to remain predominantly a street driven car.

ok, Ill stick with the GT40's. But one last thing..IM thinking this motor was built to almost 10:1 comp ratio..do you think that T-trim is over-doing it? I Have another cobra that is a 408 car, but it has 10.5:1 comp..so I think the SC is too much for that one. I bought this supercharger kit, meth injection, and powerpipe for a price I could not pass up..want to use it, and keep my lil 306 intact. The kit came with a 6AL box and ignition retard. I appreciate the help!!