Would like some opinions on HP

Dizzybuzz

Dec 12, 2018
Wisconsin
Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of reading and have some questions regarding RWHP. I built my engine last summer at the local race shop, and had it on the engine dyno.
The engine specs are:

393W stoker block
Afr 205 heads(factory ported)
Comp cam 242/248 .576/.600 on 1.6 rockers
Ported Victor Jr intake.

On the dyno it was using a holley 750HP with a air horn, that was still running out of fuel on the top end. Also had 1 5/8" headers and literally 20' of exhaust and 4 massive flow master mufflers. They told me that they usually see around a 20HP increase from open exhaust. The engine made 490 Peak hp and around 470 TQ on that set up. They estimated around 515HP with the 2 3/4" super comp headers I use and with the 3" open exhaust I have on the car. This was also with no accessories and a electric water pump.

In the car I now have a FITECH fuel injection on it, 1 3/4" headers to 3" exhaust, opposed to the 1 5/8 on the dyno, and the car uses power steering, alternator, and a mechanical water pump with clutch fan. It has a Tremec 3550 into a 8.8" with 4.10 gears.

I'm wondering if you guys with dyno experience think that I'll be able to see above 400 RWHP with this set up. Been kinda bummed lately reading about how much HP people are losing through the drivetrain. It would be a bummer to put all of this work into an engine and not even make 400 at the tire. Thanks for reading this lengthy post. Any opinions or feedback will be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Prob make just over 4 at the tire . I’d bet a custom grind cam would change that thing a bit and wake it up some more .

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm thinking maybe 400-420 at the tire, like you guys mentioned. I hope anyways. The car isnt complete yet, but should be in about a month. Hopefully get it on a chassis dyno around here this summer.

Reactions: 1 user