Yes Or No On Edelbrock Heads

mikestang63

SN Certified Technician
Aug 27, 2012
In the garage
Ok, I decided it's time for a new top end. My first choice is the TFS 170's. However, I came across a deal on a slightly used set of Edelbrock performer heads (1.90/1.60) with 4k miles on them, with Crane 1.6 rockers and hardened pushrods for $800. They are milled 40 thousands. Stock springs. They are still on his car. Only reason he is selling is he is putting it back to stock.

If they check out ok, would you guys pull the trigger or pass?

upload_2014-4-28_10-18-51.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

I just really like the trick flow heads personally. I had to have a lot of port work done to a set of performer rpms to match the performance of the tw170's out of the box. it all depends on your ultimate goals i guess.

The real question here is who takes aluminum heads off their car to but stock steel heads back on?? Just curious...

Reactions: 1 user
I just really like the trick flow heads personally. I had to have a lot of port work done to a set of performer rpms to match the performance of the tw170's out of the box. it all depends on your ultimate goals i guess.

The real question here is who takes aluminum heads off their car to but stock steel heads back on?? Just curious...

Nick, he's selling the car and as you know, you don't get the $$ back for performance parts,. I'm going to give him a set of E7's I have in swap and $800

Yes buy them! Those are exactly like mine. I paid $800 for them slightly used last summer. You did better than me because the RR's and pushrods are included. I had to buy them afterwards.
I love them! Mated up to the TF stage 1 cam, Holley Systemax intake and 12psi, it can be quite a handful.;)