• Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech

Yet another v8 swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter dulcimerbob
  • Start date Start date Sep 19, 2026
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3
D

dulcimerbob

Member
Aug 25, 2026
25
18
13
GA
Sunday at 1:58 PM
#41
  • Sunday at 1:58 PM
  • #41
welder4956 said:
California Performance Transmissions (aka Art Carr) can provide a 141 tooth flexplate with 50 oz. balance. It is a special order and price was around $300 last I heard. You will have to call them direct at (714) 901-3777 to place an order. I also have a spare out in the garage I may be willing to let go.

https://cpttransmission.com/
Click to expand...
Is your spare plate a 50oz ? If so let me know if you want to move it. Thanks.
 
D

dulcimerbob

Member
Aug 25, 2026
25
18
13
GA
Sunday at 2:03 PM
#42
  • Sunday at 2:03 PM
  • #42
Headed off tomorrow to pick up a 1990 engine from an F150. Long block that seems to be in good shape . I wanted to get an HO but this was close by and the right price .
 
Reactions: LILCBRA

welder4956

20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 28, 2003
243
112
53
Birmingham, AL
Sunday at 5:04 PM
#43
  • Sunday at 5:04 PM
  • #43
dulcimerbob said:
Is your spare plate a 50oz ? If so let me know if you want to move it. Thanks.
Click to expand...
I sent you a direct message. It is a 50 oz flexplate from CPT.
 
D

dulcimerbob

Member
Aug 25, 2026
25
18
13
GA
Sunday at 6:18 PM
#44
  • Sunday at 6:18 PM
  • #44
So far I have an original bell housing v8 . Working on a flex plate , now I'm wondering about a torque converter that seems rare. Any ideas ?
 

welder4956

20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 28, 2003
243
112
53
Birmingham, AL
Yesterday at 8:46 AM
#45
  • Yesterday at 8:46 AM
  • #45
dulcimerbob said:
So far I have an original bell housing v8 . Working on a flex plate , now I'm wondering about a torque converter that seems rare. Any ideas ?
Click to expand...
You need to hook up with someone that is parting out a V8 car or find one that you can get these parts from.
 
D

dulcimerbob

Member
Aug 25, 2026
25
18
13
GA
Yesterday at 8:58 AM
#46
  • Yesterday at 8:58 AM
  • #46
I agree. I live in the mountains of Ga and there's not a lot of resources here other than Atlanta 80 miles to the south. I'll start looking . Thanks for your replies and help.
DB
 

welder4956

20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 28, 2003
243
112
53
Birmingham, AL
Yesterday at 11:01 AM
#47
  • Yesterday at 11:01 AM
  • #47
This one is in Forest Park, GA: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:994d63b6-2f16-4938-aa0e-79a9107a52f9
 
Reactions: LILCBRA

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
Mod Dude
Dec 6, 2005
6,504
5,494
194
Corn County USA
Yesterday at 4:41 PM
#48
  • Yesterday at 4:41 PM
  • #48
welder4956 said:
This one is in Forest Park, GA: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1606029187729231/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:994d63b6-2f16-4938-aa0e-79a9107a52f9
Click to expand...

Too bad I moved back from Marietta, I'd get a hold of him about the AC components....
 

Blackhawkxx

Mustang Master
Mar 3, 2023
541
524
103
Yesterday at 7:22 PM
#49
  • Yesterday at 7:22 PM
  • #49
dulcimerbob said:
So far I have an original bell housing v8 . Working on a flex plate , now I'm wondering about a torque converter that seems rare. Any ideas ?
Click to expand...
Just a quick look around and saw this (not that I'm saying it is the one to buy), Jegs sold on Amazon. Says it will fit and it's a performance converter, not stock.

Link to it
 
Last edited: Yesterday at 7:30 PM
D

dulcimerbob

Member
Aug 25, 2026
25
18
13
GA
Yesterday at 7:33 PM
#50
  • Yesterday at 7:33 PM
  • #50
LILCBRA said:
Too bad I moved back from Marietta, I'd get a hold of him about the AC components....
Click to expand...
he had sold all the stuff I needed , bummer
 
Reactions: LILCBRA

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
Mod Dude
Dec 6, 2005
6,504
5,494
194
Corn County USA
Yesterday at 7:37 PM
#51
  • Yesterday at 7:37 PM
  • #51
Blackhawkxx said:
Just a quick look around and saw this (not that I'm saying it is the one to buy), Jegs sold on Amazon. Says it will fit and it's a performance converter, not stock.

Link to it
Click to expand...

I remember seeing somewhere about the bolt circle being smaller than a standard Ford. It seems like standard Ford converters have a 10-1/2 bolt cirlce whereas the II has a 9-7/8 or 9-3/4 bolt circle. I'll have to search again and see if I can find it - seems like it would be pretty useful, especially right now.
 

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
Mod Dude
Dec 6, 2005
6,504
5,494
194
Corn County USA
Yesterday at 7:42 PM
#52
  • Yesterday at 7:42 PM
  • #52
That didn't take as long as I thought, Google AI steps up and answers "Ford torque converter bolt pattern" with:



 
Reactions: Blackhawkxx
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
First Prev 3 of 3
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Electrical Foxbody wiring harness 2.3 to v8 swap
  • Foxbodyjake
  • Mar 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
Kleinjj27
K
K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
448
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
J
1996 v6-v8 swap
  • jujuonurmom
  • Oct 28, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
235
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Oct 28, 2025
jujuonurmom
J
0
V6 to V8 Swap info
  • 02_2v_Curtis
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
879
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jan 11, 2026
02_2v_Curtis
0
R
Transmission for manual swapping a 1994-1995 GT
  • Rembrant
  • Jul 11, 2025
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
1K
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Jul 13, 2025
Rembrant
R
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?