Your Stance!!

• Sponsors (?)

Stance

Here is mine. Sorry for the double post.

Attachments

• test.JPG
    test.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 372
196741.jpg

196742.jpg

196960.jpg

I can't wait to push it off the car lift and take some pics of it outside. I need to get the subframes welded in and some other stuff.
Its a martz chassis front and rear suspension with adjustable coilovers in the front and rear. The rear has a 4 link. I believe right now the adjustable coilovers are as low as you can go.
The rims are 98 Cobra rims, they aren't the rims i am going to leave on the car.
I have decided between chrome deep dish bullits or black deep dish bullits. A lot of the stangs on here have chrome bullits so i might go for the black ones.

Stance in the making

I am hoping to get the car in the body shop real soon. The block sanding of fiberglass parts is a lengthy process.

Since my wheel wells are modded quite a bit a local wheel/tire shop lent me a 17 x 11 wheel for test fitment / back spacing etc.

i have 5 leaf reverse eye's and 1" lowering block;

859566_287_full.jpg

Should have no problem fitting a 315-35-17 and keeping the car low

859566_293_full.jpg

project.65-

my reverse-eyes have about 800 miles on them. i was hoping they would have settled another 1/2 inch or so by now, but it will probably be a long while before they settle any more. I love the ride though.

i'm actually thinking about putting some 1/2 inch lowering blocks in there if i can find some... i don't know if they even make those.

I am hoping to get the car in the body shop real soon. The block sanding of fiberglass parts is a lengthy process.

Since my wheel wells are modded quite a bit a local wheel/tire shop lent me a 17 x 11 wheel for test fitment / back spacing etc.

i have 5 leaf reverse eye's and 1" lowering block;

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/859000-859999/859566_287_full.jpg

Should have no problem fitting a 315-35-17 and keeping the car low

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/859000-859999/859566_293_full.jpg

not to be a downer or anything but do you really think that when you add the approx 12.5" section width of that tire onto your 11 inch rim it will fit? I don't see you being able to make that .75 inch of additional width from the tire on the rim simply not interfere...I believe you are going to run into sheet metal clearance problems. It might fit with the lip of the fender completely removed, but even then...are you running a watts links to prevent rear deflection when cornering?

But keep us all posted. I have a 67 I wouldn't mind running something a little wider on ;)

not to be a downer or anything but do you really think that when you add the approx 12.5" section width of that tire onto your 11 inch rim it will fit? I don't see you being able to make that .75 inch of additional width from the tire on the rim simply not interfere...I believe you are going to run into sheet metal clearance problems. It might fit with the lip of the fender completely removed, but even then...are you running a watts links to prevent rear deflection when cornering?

But keep us all posted. I have a 67 I wouldn't mind running something a little wider on ;)

Not a downer at all - remember there are some mods done here.
The A/R rim bead with is 11" (that is where the tire sits.
The overall width of the rim in the photos is 12"
so + .2" per side

If I put a straight edge on the wheel I still have 1.5" before the tire hits sheet metal on the outside.

stock (before)
859566_159_full.jpg

not stock;
859566_263_full.jpg

859566_268_full.jpg

I can't wait to push it off the car lift and take some pics of it outside. I need to get the subframes welded in and some other stuff.
Its a martz chassis front and rear suspension with adjustable coilovers in the front and rear. The rear has a 4 link. I believe right now the adjustable coilovers are as low as you can go.
The rims are 98 Cobra rims, they aren't the rims i am going to leave on the car.
I have decided between chrome deep dish bullits or black deep dish bullits. A lot of the stangs on here have chrome bullits so i might go for the black ones.

I like the look of the cobra R's that you have on there. I am planning on purchasing some chrome ones for my mustang as I have never seen chrome cobra r's on a classic mustang. How much did you get those for?

Did I see some freestar wheels awhile back? :D

I was thinking about using them on my ranger, IMO they are the best ford non-mustang wheel they have come out with.

It isn't a mustang but its close enough

n23201605303660824290ub5.jpg

View attachment 360161

Stock wore-out 6 cylinder springs in the front with comp. engineering adjustables.
5-leafs in the back.

15x3.5 with 165r15s
15x8 with 4.5BS and 275/60/15s