59.1 KB · Views: 154
  • newspringspassenger.jpg
    newspringspassenger.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Sponsors (?)

fellas!!!! my new rims just got in!!!!

14x6 all around AM racing Torque thrust D's

205/60R14 front and 225/60R14 rears i think their herc. tires

a little more meaty than my current set up :) pics by mid to late next week.

(2) Questions::::

One, did you have to roll your front fenders??

and Two, is that you in the second photo?

1. I rolled the fenders a little, could use some more. It doesn't rub at all unless I hit a pretty big bump. There's no rubbing on normal cornering on a decent road. Makes me nervous to try to roll them too much *after* the paint job.

2. Nope, that's my sister :D Her husband (my brother in law) has a 58 Chevy that he is restoring, so they like to go to the car shows with my wife and I and my parents (rsev216, 65 vert).

Lol, didn't think that was you but she sure looks possesive of that car!

You can use a heat gun to avoid damaging the paint when you finish rolling the fenders. Did you use one of those rolling tools or a bat?

Yeah, that Mustang has been in the family since '93 and has been driven by most of my sisters at one time or another. I bought it from my Dad in about '98 or so and started restoring it in 2002.

Unfortunately, I used a technique that the body shop guy told me to do and I didn't do it right and put a few ripples in the passenger side fender lip :bang:

He said to slowly pinch it with vice grips after protecting the paint with several layers of tape. I think I pinched too much at a time.

Thanks for the heat gun tip, if I get a rolling tool and save up my courage I might give it another try...but it doesn't rub enough for me to worry about it and when it does rub it doesn't hurt the tire at all, doesn't even leave a mark.

is it possible to fit 17x10.5 inch wheels in the back of a 67-68 fastback with no rubbing issues? Deep dish with a Cobra IRS.

my 67 turbo coupe with 17x7's and 17x11's in rear with stock wheel wells but with shorter rear end
picture013nl0.jpg

richbacksideec1.jpg

picture014je7.jpg

Attachments

• picture013nl0.jpg
    picture013nl0.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 139
  • richbacksideec1.jpg
    richbacksideec1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 146
  • picture014je7.jpg
    picture014je7.jpg