Progress Thread “Rising from Ashes 5” 86 4 eye T-TOP notch build

Thought you bought an ‘86 coupe? That sure looks more like an ‘89 4 banger? Was it a full on aero conversion, dash and all?
It’s an 86 coupe. Long story but basically a one owner car. Original owner put into a auto shop in 1994. They had started converting it to 87 up aero stuff but they weren’t even good at that and only got the dash in and a stupid GT rear bumper on. It sat in that same shop till 2020 4 days ago. This car is as barn find as you can get. The red 86 dash also came with it sitting in the engine bay

So the owner put it in a shop in 94 and in 24 year all they did was install a dash in the engine bay.
They managed to tear it apart, lose lots of pieces, instal a fugly GT bumper on a notch, botch the repairs they did make on and on. Just a reminder why so many cars end up with me. Lol!

Reactions: 1 users
Can you put a hatchback t-roof on a notch? Or are you grafting it at the rear of the roof area and not the rear quarter structure?
The t-top part is a same frame for a hatch and coupe. So we cut the notch roof the same measurements as the hatch and weld or rivet the frame into place

Reactions: 1 user
They managed to tear it apart, lose lots of pieces, instal a fugly GT bumper on a notch, botch the repairs they did make on and on. Just a reminder why so many cars end up with me. Lol!
But...24 years! I think after the first 5 or 10 I might be considering legal action.

But...24 years! I think after the first 5 or 10 I might be considering legal action.
I agree. The poor man died in 2013 and it stayed another 7 years. But I’m glad it worked out that way. Dry storage and the less they did it it the better. But this car just hit the lotto after all that neglect

Reactions: 1 users