I have a 1994 Mustang gt and I want to start putting on some serious performances parts but I don’t know where to start. Suggestions on performance mechanics and performance upgrades are needed! Remember that if you tell me about a mechanic make sure they work near me, I’m from Thousand Oaks California and don’t want to drive to for to get work done on my car. Just a little information about what I’d like to do with my car. I’d like to have 550+ hp and get it weighing about 3000-2800 pounds, I’d most likely turbo it just cause every muscle car owner superchargers their car.

So I'm in Oxnard, CA with my '92. It's not your DD - I get that. Is it a track car? Because emissions is a bitch and having a plan for the car is going to change what you want to do with it. Is it a drag strip car? 15k will net you a lot. Is it meant to be a car you take out on the weekends and let you corner like it's a newer vehicle? You're gonna need more then 15k. You're in the right place for advice.

• Sponsors (?)

So I'm in Oxnard, CA with my '92. It's not your DD - I get that. Is it a track car? Because emissions is a bitch and having a plan for the car is going to change what you want to do with it. Is it a drag strip car? 15k will net you a lot. Is it meant to be a car you take out on the weekends and let you corner like it's a newer vehicle? You're gonna need more then 15k. You're in the right place for advice.
Also the engine is completely refurbished and runs well basically all I would need is the performance upgrades, interior, and paint job everything else is done. So the 15k is only for the fun stuff

Again, several of us have built complete cars.
Despite that, what worked for me will definitely not work for you.

There are plenty of guys that have similar builds that you can take guidance from..I guess if you want a path to follow, sooner or later you'll find it.

From looking at your profile, I see that you're 20. My guess is that based on my list of must haves you don't have much experience in any of the stuff I said you need.
So I'll offer you this advice as my only input.
Unless you already have a car, I'd buy some bodies else's sweat equity. If you truly have 15k to spend, the fox you can buy for that much money couldn't be duplicated for almost twice that if you do it yourself.

I have 15k+ in my car. In addition to that, there is custom labor that would easily be double that much if I had to pay somebody to build it for me,....so,..a car potentially worth 45 k.......that I would struggle to sell for a third of that.

A heavily modified fox mustang is typical of the same poor return on investment,..so bottom line...there's a gold mine out there just waiting to be found, and all you have to do is go find it. It's also the best car to change stuff on if you just have to do that, so in effect, a good place to learn. But not necessary.

If you do have an SN 95 car, and you still plan to modify that yourself, be Leary of the fact that they are not as popular,..and a big investment in your part in one of those cars will do even worse if/when you decide to sell...so think about that.
Thanks for the advice the engine is completely
What are you building?
drag car?
street car?
road course?
trailer queen?
drag but i want to take it on the street to (doesn’t have to be legal) the engine is completely done I just need performance upgrades interior and a paint job

Thanks for the advice the engine is completely

drag but i want to take it on the street to (doesn’t have to be legal) the engine is completely done I just need performance upgrades interior and a paint job

Drag Car =/= CA Smog Legal - UNLESS it's out of state. CA emissions will stop you from doing this.
That being said if you have actual 15k cash in hand to spend and want someone else to do your work for you, go give Duttweiler performance a call (They are local to Oxnard and have a VERY good rep), Coast High Performance, Or Modular Motorsports. It's not going to be cheap but these guys all have a good rep in the circles I hang with. If you have super deep pockets go give Magnuson Superchargers a call and see if they're interested in experimenting.

Drag Car =/= CA Smog Legal - UNLESS it's out of state. CA emissions will stop you from doing this.
That being said if you have actual 15k cash in hand to spend and want someone else to do your work for you, go give Duttweiler performance a call (They are local to Oxnard and have a VERY good rep), Coast High Performance, Or Modular Motorsports. It's not going to be cheap but these guys all have a good rep in the circles I hang with. If you have super deep pockets go give Magnuson Superchargers a call and see if they're interested in experimenting.
Hey thanks I appreciate it

Also if you're interested in older vehicles, go take a look at Murphys Auto Museum in Oxnard - If you drop by go talk to the Mechanic in the back (His name is Mike) and see if he's interested. I've seen that man do everything and his shop is very well equipped.

Reactions: 1 user
Also if you're interested in older vehicles, go take a look at Murphys Auto Museum in Oxnard - If you drop by go talk to the Mechanic in the back (His name is Mike) and see if he's interested. I've seen that man do everything and his shop is very well equipped.
So I’m starting to buy parts to handle the HP I want do you know like the basic suspension and other upgrades I’ll need to handle upwards 500hp

Give https://www.maximummotorsports.com/ a call. Make sure to fully explain what you have in mind and what you want out of the car. I (personally) consider MM the best in the biz when it comes to foxbody suspension, but others may disagree. If you want in-depth assistance from people over the internet, I highly suggest you start an excel worksheet with everything you've done, plan to do, have installed, and what your budget is. I have something like that here (
View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VkrBkySlMXJBpFzu2WSHB2Pf4e02h1XNQ5yANkSp6hU/edit?usp=sharing
)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Give https://www.maximummotorsports.com/ a call. Make sure to fully explain what you have in mind and what you want out of the car. I (personally) consider MM the best in the biz when it comes to foxbody suspension, but others may disagree. If you want in-depth assistance from people over the internet, I highly suggest you start an excel worksheet with everything you've done, plan to do, have installed, and what your budget is. I have something like that here (
View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VkrBkySlMXJBpFzu2WSHB2Pf4e02h1XNQ5yANkSp6hU/edit?usp=sharing
)

Cool this really helps thanks