1969 Mustang 351W headers

vtorre

Sep 27, 2023
New jersey

I have a 1969 Mustang with factory installed 351W. Hedman says these are only for 351W swapped cars and they won’t fit my car. I can’t understand why they won’t fit since a 351W came as original equipment. Any ideas? The JBA are almost 1000 bucks. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Here are some options but the better the fit the higher the cost:

So just make sure that the ones you get either clear the power steering or you get the drop bracket for it so they will clear it. You will also need to make sure they will clear the FMX transmission. Seems like all the threads I read keep coming back to the FPA headers which are the first link I provided (not sure why it says New Page 1 instead of the webpage. They all comment on the ease of installation, how well they tuck up under the car, and area stepped on the primaries which help with exhaust flow.

Take a look at the FPA headers as a lot of guys are running them and they actually step the primaries which the 351 will appreciate. I have custom built 1-7/8" on the 351 in my 83 Thunderbird with 3-1/2" collectors, 3-1/2" X-pipe and 3" tail pipes. 2-1/2" is too small for a 351 as I run that on my 93 Mustang with a 331 and it is restrictive.

Regardless the JBA's are a quality piece and will fit like a champ.