1969 Power steering very loose

Hey guys, my 69 coupe has a completely new front end with the exception of the power steering assist module...my problem is the car sways terrible and feels unsafe. I have taken it to a dealer and they said they think the play is coming from the module because when they wiggle the front tire side to side they see movement in the module but they couldnt say for sure, does this sound like the problem? Also, is there any way to make the car handle better? Any help would be greatly appreciated! thnks

• Sponsors (?)

If they are talking about the valve, make sure the engine is running! The valve is sloppy loose with the engine off.

You need to have someone familiar with early Mustangs check your gearbox and control valve. This PS was very sure and responsive when new.

To a dealer?? When you walk in the door, ask for the person doing the evaluation on the Classic. When this person arrives, you need to make a very important analysis.

If very young, has many ASE patches attached to his shirt, Computer Electronics Man of the Year, RUN LIKE HELL out the Door.

If he is a Grumbly, to the point OLD Ford Nut, Listen intently, answer his questions, you have a excellent chance of getting your problems resolved.

Dan @

chockostang