Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..........

*Has to take several slow deep breaths to calm himself.

Removing timing is what this car wants. You TS guys that know what you're looking at,....look where I'm at.
upload_2016-12-30_15-7-3.png

upload_2016-12-30_15-8-37.png

And I'm thinking I'm just gonna go ahead w/ the 27 degree table and extend that dude right on over to 500 RPM and be done with that until we get more time to seriously look at this.

So,...I have a video but it is unwatchable, because it's on the outside of the car. Between the engine noise, which sounds like me putting a trash can over your head and just beating on it, and the wind noise,...it is intolerable.

Too bad.....there was a section where the Monsters tail wasn't behind him anymore, And if there was a camera on that back tire,......there'd be smoke. There are several 70 MPH blasts...but w/o sound there is no way to know how fast I was going.
Everyone of them are seemingly free of pinging...T With the one weird exception......Those stupid Yeti cup holders are confusing my ears as they are also rattling inside once the car gets rolling,..so I'm still lifting.

It makes boost at part throttle going up slight inclines,....I know because evertime I lift,...my leetle friend says PSSSSHHHHH!!

This thing is gonna be a blast to drive.

Attachments

• 2016-12-30_14.40.41.msl
    2.4 MB · Views: 119
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Now all I wish is that I had another pair of ears to be able to focus on the sound so that I can focus on the driving. I'm sure that once I start matting the throttle the tire are gonna start spinning in all three gears between 2500 and 3500 RPM.
The torque curve on these engines typically start at just north of 2000, and stay flat to about 5,000, so I'm thinking that I'll have my hands full when full boost comes on.

And one of the guys over at the ford six forum pointed out the obvious....I don't have an open chamber.

Chamber%20Quench.jpg

What I do have are tiny valves.....that is a 1.8, and a 1.5 respectively looking all big and sht.

Reactions: 1 users
Now all I wish is that I had another pair of ears to be able to focus on the sound so that I can focus on the driving. I'm sure that once I start matting the throttle the tire are gonna start spinning in all three gears between 2500 and 3500 RPM.
The torque curve on these engines typically start at just north of 2000, and stay flat to about 5,000, so I'm thinking that I'll have my hands full when full boost comes on.

And one of the guys over at the ford six forum pointed out the obvious....I don't have an open chamber.

Chamber%20Quench.jpg

What I do have are tiny valves.....that is a 1.8, and a 1.5 respectively looking all big and sht.

How hard would it be to modify the Chambers? Is it doable? I really think losing the turbo is going to take away from the magic of this thing. Stick with it, you will get it figured out.

Joe

How hard would it be to modify the Chambers? Is it doable? I really think losing the turbo is going to take away from the magic of this thing. Stick with it, you will get it figured out.

Joe
That's the new revelation Joe,....I just discovered today that I DONT have open chambers,....See the pic above. All you need is some are between the top of the piston and the deck of the head to help promote a better squish. I got two small areas....I'm ok as far as that goes.

Just another case of me crying wolf,...... business as usual....Nothing that couldn't be fixed by pressing one of these keys.

Ok,....when allowed to dream you start thinking stupid sht.

Like the kind of stupid sht that comes from a day like today.

All through this build, I've been told by the stodgy, crotchedy ford six guys that "should know," that I will have much more than I think I will power-wise based on what I've done.

All along, I've limited my optimism on that, taking a "I'll wait and see" approach to the build. I'll wait until the day I see proof of anything before I'll start believing anything that I was told based on what somebody else did. (Especially since NOBODY has done exactly what I've done.)

But,....today is one of those days.

The testing having been tedious, and full of it's hills and valleys,...I've never been able to do what I've always been able to do on every single build shortly after turning the key, and getting it to idle properly...................Go out and flog the p iss out of it.
Every previous race car, or street project was always conventional wisdom. Nitrous fed big motored drag cars for the first half of my time spent doing this sht,..ending with the last two projects turbocharged.

And those were all drag cars. The two turbo charged projects were tuned by a friend,...and he basically stumbled through the learning curve while I stayed in the driver's seat,...careless to learn anything more than I needed to to make sure that junk didn't blow up.

And ever since then, I've been trying to build another turbocharged street car since the 363 powered Chrysler Conquest that I've posted pics of, but for whatever reason,..the projects always changed mid stream.

The street rod that I wa building before the red car of 2012, had every single thing on the shelf to build a heathen 4.6, to include Two Holset T4 turbos, Two Tial w/g's, a brand new Q ban 750 Blow through carb, and entire forged rotating assy w/ a Kellog forged crank, The MSD ignition to run the coil packs,.....everything.

But I sold the project, and down-scaled the following red car so that I could re-invest the money I got from all of the forged junk and turbo stuff, and build the red car.

That brings us up to date, and Then there's the Monster.

I've been told that this is a 450 WHP/550 WTQ project all along. There are other examples out there to corroborate that. but they all come up short when compared to mine, because for one reason or another,......they aren't close enough to pull a working example from.

Take this guy:
upload_2016-12-30_18-3-6.png

Now granted,....This guy is pounding more boost into this engine than I intend to, but that isn't really relevant.
Look at his dyno numbers. But most importantly, Look at where the torque is at.

This guy has an aftermarket aluminum head modeled after the stock piece, a flat tappet hydraulic cam, a small garret turbocharger (I think 57mm) and a carburetor.

I have an injected engine w/ a 66 mm turbo. With a solid roller cam. All things that I think are better than what dude is using.
(Not bragging here,..just making the point) Most importantly I have that head.

And there's this about that:
upload_2016-12-30_18-14-33.png

upload_2016-12-30_18-15-30.png

So....This guy is using a different head, a lesser cam and induction system..and he's still making stupid power.

Is it safe to assume that I'm gonna make stupid power too?:banana:

Stop!...........Stupid power time :banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: 9 users
Good info there.

Now you just need to refine the timing table.... what I mean is figure out where peak torque is and pull a little timing, then increase it slightly after that. Ect ect.

Do you have datalog of your tire frying fun time? I would like to see it, along with your current tune.

It's nice to see it all worked itself out.:nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Good info there.

Now you just need to refine the timing table.... what I mean is figure out where peak torque is and pull a little timing, then increase it slightly after that. Ect ect.

Do you have datalog of your tire frying fun time? I would like to see it, along with your current tune.

It's nice to see it all worked itself out.:nice:

I think it happens at the 5 minute mark...since the car was getting sideways,..and because I didn't want it to go ape sht,...... I lifted.

It still saw 5k rpm,..and 11+ pounds of boost,....(I must have the stupid 10 pound springs in there) Or conversely,..I have the 5 pound springs in there, and the valve is sticking.
Junk....

A wastegate is such a stupid thing. It's a housing that has a diaphragm and a valve that has a spring keeping it on its seat. How can it be a problem that requires a 280.00 ea. investment to fix.

Stupid chinee junk.

Attachments

• 2016-12-30_14.40.41.msl
    2.4 MB · Views: 127
  • 2016-12-30_22.32.13.msq
    118.8 KB · Views: 225
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.