1978 mustang new member

Mar 10, 2019
British columbia Canada
I need the torque for the nuts on the upper a-arm shaft on the outside of where the bushings are. So far no manual seems to give this measurement from what I can find. I could go by the generic torque for the size of bolt I guess but I thought there would be a figure for this since people do replace upper control arm bushings

• Sponsors (?)

Mar 10, 2019
British columbia Canada
Yeah I considered those too. Thanks to hot rodders, mustang II front suspension stuff is pretty reasonable. In hindsight for the price I should have just got tubular upper a arms instead of rebuilding the stockers, but too late now...
Considered the big brakes too, but they move the track width out and I didn't want to do that with the wheels I'm running.

Mar 10, 2019
British columbia Canada
If you are doing the big brakes AND tubular arms I think you can buy the 5/8 narrow upper and lower arms to compensate for the rotor increasing track width.

My car has 11 x 2.5 " rear drums so I figured the 9" front brake should be more than adequate.. also since the net weight of my car will be less than stock, and distributed more to the rear.

I wanted the retro aluminum slot wheels in 14" on the front, so clearance became an issue for me as well. I believe you need at least15" wheels to clear the big brake callipers if i am not mistaken.

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
I ended up cutting about 1-1/2 from mine, then had to remove the inner fender liners and "adjust" the body seam inside the well. :)