1994 Mustang Gt Turbo/hp Help

tyboudreau

Feb 23, 2017
hey guys im new to the thread, hope to get to know some of you guys while im on here. so i have a 1994 ford mustang gt with the t5 world class 77,000 miles on it and its still mint condition. the other day while i was driving around and a dodge SRT 4 wanted to do a roll, so we did a couple and the look on my face when i lost to a dodge neon was unreal. did some digging, read a few things here and there but no one has really given any help. my question is how do i go about getting some more horse power? i dont want to pull my engine out. and i dont want to do the bottom end of the engine yet. so what HP can i gain from doing racing heads, turbo, intake and exhaust? ive been reading that the 302 can hold about 6 psi reliably, how true is that? has anyone here done it? if so what did you do? also if i go with racing heads can i get away with keeping the stock cam in? i also was reading people doing a GT40 intake is there a better route? or is the GT40 intake the best way? and anyother things you guys did to you stock sn95s to gain HP. also would it be better to just get a Vortech over a Turbo? the kit i was looking at was the one that on3 performance sells. so what you guys think? how much HP can i put into the stock bottom end? if i boost what are the main things i need to upgrade? and upgrade to what exactly? what cc injectors would i need and what MAF sensor what head gaskets should i get what studs for the head should i get? any help would be great thank you!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok so I'm gonna go with street/strip type build for this info.

The stock long block with intake manifold, 42lb injectors 255lph fuel pump, calibrated maf and a tune. Turbo kit of your choice.

10-12psi usually nets you around 400. This is plenty on the street, the car will also need sub-frame connectors, control arms, brakes, and sticky tires.

My SC 302 made 380tq and 300hp at 7psi average. It's an animal on the street.

Ok so I'm gonna go with street/strip type build for this info.

The stock long block with intake manifold, 42lb injectors 255lph fuel pump, calibrated maf and a tune. Turbo kit of your choice.

10-12psi usually nets you around 400. This is plenty on the street, the car will also need sub-frame connectors, control arms, brakes, and sticky tires.

My SC 302 made 380tq and 300hp at 7psi average. It's an animal on the street.
did you use the gt40 heads and intake? what did you do for he exhaust?