Engine 2000 RPM Vibration

93CalypsoConvert

Nov 26, 2020
Virginia
I've got a vibration between 2000-2400 RPMs that gets worse with clutch engaged. It does it in all gears going any speed, or revving. It gets worse with load too. Not quite sure what it could be. I can feel it the most when I rest my hand on the shifter. Balancer? Clutch plate? Trans input bearing/shaft?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I had the same issue with my car with a vibration around 3k.

Ended up being a dead injector.

Looks like you found your cylinder. Now to check spark, fuel and compression (and air but you are likely ok there)

Reactions: 1 users
I still cant figure out this vibration. Its firing on all cylinders, has a new balancer, and it still does it without the belt.

The only thing left would be the pressure plate and flywheel right? It vibrates under any condition, completely engine related.

Took my flywheel/clutch assembly apart. Figured out I have a Valeo clutch and pressure plate. I can't see anything wrong with it. Is my flywheel supposed to have locating pins in it? Mine does not. Doesn't look like the pressure plate even has holes for pins? Interesting. Is there anything concerning here?

PresPlate.jpg

Flywheel.jpg

Clutch.png.jpg

Your Valeo part number says AMC 01. I'm used to seeing the Valeo part # FDC 09. The alignment pins being missing could be your issue. They are different sizes depending on brand of flywheel. You also need to take a picture of the back side of the flywheel. It could be the incorrect balance for your engine.

Interesting. I will run the engine with just the flywheel and see if the vibration is still there. Back of the flywheel appears to be 50oz. Weight is too large to be 28. I can post a picture tomorrow. Part #E1ZR if I remember correctly.